Amy from Very Culinary joins us today to share her recipe for Asian Chicken Tacos, one of her family’s favorites (even her kids approve)!
My friend Amy from the fantastic food blog Very Culinary is visiting today. Amy rocks, and if you haven’t met her before, you’re in for a treat. She has me laughing every time I read her blog and her recipes are amazing! These yummy Asian Chicken Tacos are just one example of all the great things she’s got cookin’ up so be sure to pay her a visit.
Thanks for having me over, Kristy. Can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be!
I went back and forth on what to share today. And finally decided on these Asian Chicken Tacos. Because they are the bomb. And The Wicked Noodle readers have come to expect the best, amiright?
I know I have a keeper recipe on my hands when my husband Paul pleads with me to make it again. Stat. And more importantly, my kids don’t whine and complain through every. single. bite. But instead, finish their meal and tell me it was good. (Few things get the “awesome” seal of approval. I take what I can get.)
These are easy, light, filling, and delicious! The only thing that could make them better, imho, is to grill the chicken instead of pan frying. Either way, winner winner easy chicken taco dinner!
I love the twist that Amy gave to her easy chicken tacos! Here are a few other recipes for tacos that include a fun twist:
Update July 2014: It’s been almost a year since this recipe was posted and I’ve made Amy’s Asian Chicken Tacos several times since! They are such a yummy, easy recipe and my kids love them, too! I hope you make and enjoy these easy chicken tacos and please be sure to pop over to her site if you have a moment. She’s the nicest person and has great recipes that everyone loves.
Yields 4 servings
Cook time includes one hour to marinate the chicken. Actual cook time is just five minutes!
15 minPrep Time
1 hr, 5 Cook Time
1 hr, 20 Total Time
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts sliced into small strips
- 1/4 fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic chili sauce
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts or cashews, chopped
- 8 good quality corn tortillas
- lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chicken, parsley, shallot, lime juice, soy sauce, and chili sauce. Season with a tiny bit of salt and pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coleslaw, yogurt, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Coat a large sauté pan with nonstick cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink and cooked through.
- Warm the tortillas over the stove burners, careful that they don’t burn. Evenly distribute the slaw onto each tortilla, followed by the chicken. Top them with some cashews and serve with lime wedges on the side.