Crock Pot Pork Chops are simple! Add a little cherry jam and balsamic to make them upscale and over-the-top delicious!
I did it. I’ve sworn for years that I had no need for one and now I’ve gone and done it. I’ve bought myself a crock pot. Good thing, too, because these crock pot pork chops were worth it all by themselves!
I owned a crock pot years ago then ended up giving it to my mom. It’s not that I didn’t see its value, but working from home means that I can braise and simmer and slow cook all day, without the need for an extra, bulky appliance. I’ve made these crock pot pork chops numerous times but I usually toss them in the oven on a low heat, no slow cooker involved. There’s nothing I can make in a crock pot that I can’t make on the stove or in the oven, and I enjoy the process. I’ve always thought of the major selling point of a crock pot as something to set before you leave the house and dinner is ready when you get home. And if I rarely leave my house, I didn’t think I needed one.
However, I’ve had so many requests for crock pot recipes that I decided it was time to pick one up again. I’m really glad I did, too, because crock pot recipe testing has been really fun! And what a bonus that I’ve teamed up with three other amazing food bloggers for a “Slow Cooker Week” with recipes from all of us. Guess what else? We’re also giving away a Cuisinart MSC-600 3-In-1 Cook Central 6-Quart Multi-Cooker: Slow Cooker, Brown/Saute, Steamer!! It’s the perfect appliance to try making crock pot pork chops!
Here are the other slow cooker recipes that you won’t want to miss. They all look AMAZING! You can also enter our crock pot giveaway below!
I typically use 3 pounds of chops which feeds about 8 people. You can use less chops, you'll simply have more sauce to spoon over them!
10 minPrep Time
4 hrCook Time
4 hr, 10 Total Time
- 1 cup cherry jam (seedless raspberry is delicious, too)
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 2-3 pounds pork chops
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cherries (plus a few for garnish, optional)
- Place sauce ingredients in slow cooker, stir to combine.
- Preheat large skillet over medium-high heat. Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat oil in skillet, add pork chops. Cook until well-browned on both sides, flipping once. Remove from skillet and place in slow cooker. (This may have to be done in batches; don't crowd your pan).
- Pour sauce over chops in slow cooker, tossing gently to ensure a little sauce covers each chop. Cook on low for 4 hours or until chops are very tender.
- Optional: add some chopped fresh cherries to slow cooker about 15 minutes before serving. You can also pour the sauce into a pan on the stove, bring to a boil and keep it at a very strong simmer until it thickens and reduces by at least one third (skim fat first).