You’ll be amazed with the amount of flavor in this cilantro lime chicken. Perfect on its own or in any number of dishes!
This Cilantro Lime Chicken is one of my all-time favorite, go-to chicken recipes. It’s fantastic on the grill during warmer months and I’m always ready with my grill pan when it’s chilly outside. We’ve been enjoying some warm spring weather and it’s been such a nice change as winter was tough all over this year!
You’re going to love this one, I’m certain of it! Cilantro Lime Chicken is delicious just as is but can also be added to any number of other things to make an entirely new recipe. I usually make double the amount I’ll need just so I can make something else with it later that week. The flavors in the cilantro lime marinade is perfect for just about any tex-mex recipe or it’s great to put on a salad. This time I made a fantastic chicken flatbread out of it that is to die for!
All this cilantro lime chicken needs is a little time to marinate. There aren’t many ingredients and once the flavors from the marinade soak in all you have to do is throw it on the grill or into a skillet! You might even want to have some buns ready with some sandwich fixin’s – there are so many ways to enjoy it. But this cilantro lime chicken is perfect on its own, too, just add some beans and rice for a fantastic summer meal.
Yields 4 servings
Marinate the chicken the full four hours for best flavor. Don’t go over four, however, or the lime juice may begin to “cook” the chicken. Slice chicken into strips before marinating for even more flavor. TOTAL COOKING TIME INCLUDES MARINATING TIME.
10 minPrep Time
4 hr, 20 Cook Time
4 hr, 30 Total Time
- 2 pounds chicken breasts (3-4 breasts)
- zest and juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons adobo sauce, from a can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (optional)
- Place all ingredients except chicken into a small bowl, dish or large resealable plastic bag; mix well. Add chicken and marinate for at least two hours and up to four.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until well-browned on both sides and cooked completely through.