This Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Italian Sausage is so good you’ll be dancing in your kitchen!
This post is sponsored by REVOL cookware.
I have two new things to share with you today: this fantastic new pumpkin gnocchi recipe and a new cookware. I am completely smitten with both which makes today a very good day!
First, let’s talk about REVOL cookware. I used the REVOL Dutch Oven from their Revolution 2 collection to bake this pumpkin gnocchi and I cannot tell you how thrilled I am with it! Both the base and lid are made of porcelain; it’s surprisingly light which makes it so much easier to carry a dish to and from the oven. Or the stove or microwave, since you can use this REVOL dutch oven there, too!
It’s so light that I’m going to pick one up for my mom. She’s getting up there in age and a REVOL dutch oven will be much easier for her to lift and carry. Not to mention that she’ll be thrilled by its sleek design!
Made of healthy material, REVOL cookware doesn’t release any chemicals or heavy metals and they don’t absorb food, fat or odors, either. It’s a modern design that’s also sleek and elegant. The size is nice, too; you can see from the photos that this Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi with Italian Sausage fit perfectly!
Now let’s talk about this delicious Creamy Baked Pumpkin Gnocchi recipe! First, it couldn’t be simpler to make, especially since the spices in the Italian sausage is enough flavor that you don’t have to be measuring out anything in addition. With shallot and garlic as the base, then whole milk, a little chicken stock and smooth pumpkin puree to finish the sauce, it’s an easy yet SO delicious fall dish.
It’s one of those dishes that has everyone nodding and mmmm’ing in unison. It’s also my new favorite fall dish. Seriously…and I don’t even do a lot of pumpkin dishes!
I also made some quick fried sage leaves that I used to garnish the pumpkin gnocchi with. These little beauties are incredibly addictive, so be sure to make extra for snacking! They look so pretty on top of the gorgeous REVOL dutch oven filled with any fall dish you like. Although I’m definitely partial to this pumpkin gnocchi. You will be, too, after just one bite!
This recipe is one of my personal favorites!
- 1 pound gnocchi, cooked according to package directions
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin puree
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 12 sage leaves (plus extra for snacking, if desired; they're SO GOOD)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat. Add Italian sausage and cook until no pink remains, breaking it up into small crumbles as you cook. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving grease behind in the pan.
- Add minced shallots to pan; cook, stirring frequently, about two minutes or until soft. Add garlic, cook one minute more. Add chicken stock to pan to deglaze; stir frequently while bringing to a boil. Reduce heat, add milk and pumpkin puree. Stir until pumpkin puree is fully incorporated and sauce is smooth. Season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cooked gnocchi and Italian sausage to sauce in skillet. Stir well and simmer for 5-10 minutes or until hot and heated through.
- Pour into a greased 1-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to cover. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until parmesan is browned and sauce is bubbling.
- Top with fried sage leaves and serve immediately.