grilled shrimp tostadas with jalapeno mango slaw
Diced Jalapenos, in a jar.
That’s the newest spice from McCormick and I about fell over with happiness when I saw them for the first time.
You know how much I love my jalapenos. And while I do prefer to use them fresh (there’s just something about that crunch), I love the flavor of the dried and the convenience. Instead of having to de-seed and dice them fresh (and get the spicy peppers all over my hands which I invariably will rub my eye no matter how many times I try to remind myself to immediately wash my hands) I just poured them into my hand to measure and dropped them in. NICE.
Also, check out this fun Pinterest contest that McCormick is holding through the end of this month! They’re giving away 30 spice kits so you can try the jalapenos for yourself!
Shrimp Tostadas with Jalapeno Mango Slaw
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t McCormick chipotle pepper spice
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 mango, diced
- 1 T McCormick Diced Jalapenos (or 1 large fresh, minced)
- 1 T white wine vinegar
- 1 T honey
- juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups shredded cabbage8 tostadas (or flour tortillas for tacos)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix together oil, chipotle and salt in a large resealable plastic bag. Add shrimp and toss to coat well. Set aside.
- Mix together all other ingredients in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Roast shrimp for approximately 5 minutes or until just cooked through.
- Put slaw on tostadas and top with shrimp.