This easy jalapeno popper bread tastes even better than poppers and is much easier to make! Cheesy, gooey and topped with crispy bacon – delicious!
I know. It was just a short 7 recipes ago that I gave you Cheddar, Chive & Garlic Pull-Apart Bread. Yet I’m already back with this fat-laden, calorie-heavy bacon-topped carb-overloaded bread recipe. Topped with not just cheese, but cream cheese. And jalapenos. And did I mention the bacon??
Sorry to have to do this to you again but, really, I did it to me first. And this jalapeno popper bread is so creamy and omgoodness over-the-top AWESOME that you will be making it over and over again. I personally like it even a smidge better than the pull-apart bread (it’s the jalapenos and bacon that got me on this one)!
This bread can be made using one large loaf or, as I did here, using smaller rolls for individual pieces that you don’t have to cut. Either way will work jut fine, it’s just your personal preference. But folks, I’m serious about this one – it’s worth the indulgence! Surprisingly, this typically isn’t too spicy either, unless you happen to get some unusually spicy jalapenos or add more than the recipe calls for, of course. But go with what you like – you all know that I love my spice so I add as many jalapenos as I can get my hands on!
Yields 8 pieces
2 cups mexican-blend shredded cheese can be used in place of the cheddar and jack.
10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 5-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 soft french rolls or buns, oval-shaped and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup shredded jack cheese, divided
- 1 jalapeno, minced (more if you like it spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven 400F.
- In a small bowl, mix together softened cream cheese, 3/4 cup each of the cheddar and jack cheeses, jalapeno, salt & pepper. Spread mixture over rolls (soften for a minute in microwave to make spreading easier if you're having trouble), dividing it evenly. Sprinkle remaining shredded cheese on top of bread.
- Place bread on baking sheet and bake until bread is lightly toasted and cheese is starting to brown (about 10 minutes). Remove from oven, sprinkle with crumbled bacon and cilantro. Serve immediately.