Happy Cinco de Mayo!!
I have an easy, healthy and super tasty appetizer recipe for you today! It’s one that you can throw together in a snap to take to all those fun Cinco de Mayo parties you’re attending. No parties? Feel free to whip this up for yourself – it’s healthy enough that you can indulge and not feel guilty. You remember my layered Greek Hummus Dip, right? This is just a spin on that recipe using a few different ingredients and with a spicy twist. You’ll love it, promise!
I used my Roasted Jalapeno Hummus as the base then just topped it with some veggies, herbs and a little cheese (skip the cheese if you’re watching calories). I used queso fresco but queso blanco or cotija would be great, too. I’ve even used feta in a pinch and it was delicious!
This recipe is very forgiving therefore these amounts are just suggestions. Add more of what you like and less of what you don't!
- 2 cups Roasted Jalapeno Hummus
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup crumbled cheese (queso fresco, queso blanco, cotija or feta)
- 1 jalapeno, minced (roasted or raw, both are delicious) (optional)
- Spread hummus in a small serving dish. Top with ingredients and serve with pita chips.