This post is sponsored by Peapod.
Today is the final day in 2016! It’s hard to believe that it’s already at an end. I’m excited for New Year’s Eve tonight; I’m dining at BRABO, my all-time favorite restaurant. I’m also recovering from the flu…let’s just say it’s been a long week. But I was healthy for Christmas and will at least be able to have a nice dinner tonight, even if I’m back in bed by 9pm.
I was so grateful this past week for my Peapod delivery. Peapod is the longest operating and country’s leading Internet grocer, serving 24 U.S. markets throughout Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. They have all of the grocery store staples you’d find at your local supermarket in a range of categories: produce; meat and seafood; deli items; prepared foods; natural and organic foods; Kosher foods; floral; office and school supplies; seasonal items; pet items; health and beauty aids and value-priced private labels from Giant.
What I personally love about having Peapod deliver my groceries straight to my door is that they’ve made it so easy to order the things I love! Here are a few examples of the ways I love to use Peapod delivery:
- You can create personalized lists. This may not seem like a big deal, but it’s huge for me! In the example below from my actual Peapod account, you can see that I have a list called “Green Juice”. I try to juice every morning and I have my juice recipe down pat. Using this list, I can add my green juice ingredients easily each week without having to search for them every time. It makes staying on track that much easier.
- If you’re not into lists, here’s another great way you can simplify your order process. Peapod delivery allows you to search your past orders, too. You can choose from just your last order, the past 3 or 6 months or all-time. Most of us buy a lot of the same products over again so this makes it really simple to find something you need quickly.
- And finally…shopping by recipes is easily the most fun way to shop for Peapod delivery! I wanted a delicious but easy (and relatively healthy) appetizer for a little Christmas luncheon I had last week. I simply browsed the recipes on Peapod. There are many categories so you can find something for just about everyone.
I shopped appetizers and found so many that I wanted to try. Here is what the page looks like when you’re browsing recipes:
I chose the Smashed Chickpeas with Naan from the top left. Once I chose my recipe, I just add the ingredients to my cart (deselecting any I may already have on hand).
Peapod even has “meal kits” which include easy to follow recipes and all the ingredients pre-measured, pre-cut, and pre-washed. I haven’t tried these yet but I will be soon!
Here are some ways that Peapod delivery makes shopping easy for their customers:
- Express Shop: Quickly locate and select all for a specific recipe, meal plan, etc. Just type your list into the notepad; click Start Shopping and the products matching your first item will be displayed.
- Order Genius: Auto-fill your cart with the items you buy most frequently and even recall shopping history from My Giant cards.
- Past Purchases: Peapod saves your orders so re-ordering is fast & easy!
- Sort feature: Find products with the best price, to meet your dietary needs, even see which product is most popular. Select your sort preference from the drop-down box at the top of every page. Click the Save Sort link and your products will always be sorted that way.
- Filter feature: Filter to only see the products that meet your needs, whether you’re looking for dairy-free cereal or peanut-free snacks.
- Customers earn Gas Rewards and A+ School Rewards with every purchase. With Gas Rewards customers save 10¢ per gallon for every 100 points they earn (you earn 1 point for every dollar you spend with your My Giant Card)
- By registering for A+ School Rewards, customers can help their schools earn money for anything they need for their students.
- Mobile App: Our Peapod free mobile app is a great option for today’s on-the-go shopper. You can complete your full weekly grocery shopping experience in seconds with just one click of Order Genius or quickly add items on the fly as you think of them.
- Money Savings: Peapod.com shows the running total of the bill as you shop so it’s easy to determine a budget and stick to it. The site sorts products from highest to lowest unit cost in each aisle so it makes finding the best value a breeze. Every week Peapod offers thousands of weekly specials and highlights the sale items customers have bought before in a “My Specials” list. Peapod doubles manufacturers’ coupons and offers a variety of budget friendly store brands like Nature’s Promise and Simply Enjoy.
- PodPass: PodPass is available in 3, 6 and 12 month subscription options. Customers pay one price for unlimited deliveries within a set timeframe. For orders to qualify, orders must be a minimum of $100.00
I encourage you to give Peapod Delivery a try. It’s made my life so much easier, especially this month when I had so much to do for the holidays and then coming down with the flu! I was able to order easy appetizers for Christmas and everything I needed for my green juice to help me get healthy again. It’s a great value and time-saver – perfect for helping you reach your New Year goals!