This flatbread recipe is made with roasted garlic, pesto and shredded chicken for an easy, delicious and fast meal.
And so my flatbread recipe craze continues! I can’t seem to help myself, flatbread is so easy to put together and I love that I can throw some in both the over or on the grill. This version is much different from my other recent flatbread recipe: Caramelized Onion & Gruyere Flatbreads and those Cilantro-Lime Chicken Flatbreads with Mango & Roasted Jalapenos. I had some basil pesto and roasted garlic left to use and it was just too tempting to put them together with some tender chicken, gooey cheese and warm flatbread!
And can I just say that it turned out fantastic?? For something that takes so little effort (once you’ve made your garlic & pesto) it really packs a ton of flavor. You could even skip the roasted garlic if you had to and it would still be awesome. Next time I may even just skip the flatbread, put it on top of bread and bake it, the ingredients are versatile enough. Using shredded rotisserie chicken makes fast work of this easy meal, too. So save this recipe for one of those times you just don’t feel like cooking and you want something fast & easy but still really tasty!
Serves Serves 4
This could also be thrown on the grill alongside whatever else you're cooking instead of baking it in the oven. Just be sure to turn off the burners directly underneath and keep the lid closed.
10 minPrep Time
12 minCook Time
22 minTotal Time
- 2 6-inch flatbreads (or one 12-inch)
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 2 heaping tablespoons basil pesto (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie or leftover chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (such as mozzarella or a cheese blend)
- 2 heaping tablespoons shredded parmesan
- fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place flatbreads on baking sheet.
- Spread roasted garlic over flatbreads. Spread 1 heaping tablespoon pesto over each flatbread on top of roasted garlic. Add chicken then both cheeses.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until hot and cheese is melted and just starting to brown.