A simple spicy tuna salad made with my favorite hot sauce!
This post is sponsored by TABASCO.
The holidays are officially here with Thanksgiving having just passed. There’s nothing like a full Thanksgiving spread with leftovers around for days! But as a spice lover, it never fails that I’ll start craving something spicy about the time the leftovers are gone.
I also want something fresh and relatively healthy after all that heavy food. This simple spicy tuna salad fits the bill. It’s something I make all the time but never bothered to write down the ingredients. I usually just eyeball everything, which you can easily do, too. A little more mayo if you like it creamier or less if you’re watching calories. More TABASCO sauce if you like it spicier or less onion if you’ve got a hot date :) You get the picture.
I use TABASCO sauce on nearly everything. Eggs, a fresh avocado with a little salt and pepper, even on a sandwich! I go through bottles of it so quickly that I stock up when it’s on sale so I never run out.
The TABASCO sauce gives this spicy tuna salad just enough flavor and bite. If you’re a serious spice lover like me, consider adding a thinly sliced Serrano pepper, too.
If I’m serving this spicy tuna salad for friends, I’ll either serve it in a bell pepper “bowl” (as in the photo above” or layer the salad with the chopped red bell pepper and sliced Serrano. There’s no more work involved and it’s a fun way to serve it.
I’d love to hear what things you crave after your big holiday meals! Be sure to snap a pic and tag me so I can see your delicious creations (@thewickednoodle on all social channels).
Feel free to adjust amounts to your personal taste.
10 minPrep Time
10 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 t TABASCO sauce (I use original but TABASCO Chipotle Pepper Sauce works well, too)
- 2 cans high-quality tuna
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered depending on size
- a squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 thinly sliced Serrano pepper, optional
- Mix TABASCO and mayonnaise together in a small mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Optional: Instead of chopping the bell pepper, cut thick slices and serve spicy tuna salad in the middle for a pretty presentation. You can also skip the cherry tomatoes and serve it in a halved, hollowed out medium-sized tomato.