This Sugar Snap Pea Salad has just five ingredients and so much flavor!
Don’t you just love sugar snap peas? I’ll pass on the carrots and ranch on a veggie tray every time if these little beauties are around. With all their sweetness and crunch, I can’t believe this Sugar Snap Pea Salad is the first of its kind I’ve made!
My parents are vacationing in Florida this entire month. It’s the second year they’ve done this. They rent a condo on the beach and spend their days walking on the ocean, sitting in the hot tub and enjoying all the shrimp they could possibly eat. Yes, I am insanely jealous (although next year I’m going down for a week no matter what).
My Auntie Connie and Uncle Jim get a condo nearby and they all enjoy the month together. My aunt collects shells she finds on her morning walks and gets teased for having a shell addiction. She sent me this photo last week defending her inability to stop:
“I know I said I wasn’t going to collect any more shells, but how can you walk by these treasures on the beach?” I could not agree more – aren’t they amazing?!
Connie also sent the recipe for this Sugar Snap Pea Salad. She said they all loved it and she thought I’d love it, too. She was spot on! It’s so versatile and could easily become a healthy side dish for a nice meal or as a quick lunch or dinner. The leftovers keep well so I’ll stretch it into a few lunches just for me!
Here’s a video showing the simple steps to making this easy Sugar Snap Pea Salad:
Didn’t that look simple and quick? I am so obsessed with this easy Sugar Snap Pea Salad (I’ve made several times already) and I know you will be, too.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh corn (frozen will work in a pinch)
- 1 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped sugar snap peas
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add olive oil then corn; cook for two minutes. Add chopped pepper and peas; cook another 4-5 minutes or until starting to soften. Season to taste.
- Add honey and chopped pecans, stir well. Remove from heat and serve.