With all the cookies I devoured after Christmas, you’d think that I wouldn’t want to see another one until at least Valentine’s Day! But it’s been a long time since I’ve made these babies – not to mention my children were begging me – and with the cold weather hitting us right now, they were the perfect treat to whip up. This is a recipe I got from my mom years ago but I only began making them circa 2005, when Kylie was about a year old. Thin and crispy, just how we like ‘em!
This time I used a new product, a new version of “I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter”, called “Deliciously Simple“. It’s made with yogurt and canola oil and has no artificial preservatives…I knew I had to give it a shot. My girls have toast before school every morning and they are butter fiends! They’ve been using it for two weeks now and they love it. I’ve used it on my healthy breakfast muffins, too, sooo good. It’s much creamier than I expected (I imagine because of the yogurt?) and love that it’s versatile enough that I can bake with it!
- 1 cup I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter Deliciously Simple spread
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a stand mixer, mix Deliciously Simple spread and the sugar until creamy.
- Add egg, vanilla, corn syrup and beat until mixed thoroughly.
- With mixer running, add flour 1/2 cup at a time until just mixed, then add baking soda and salt.
- On lowest speed, add chocolate chips until well mixed (or stir in with a wooden spoon or spatula).
- Place small spoon-sized balls of dough on an ungreased baking sheet, about an inch apart.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let cookies cool on pan for five minutes or so, then remove to parchment or waxed paper to cool completely.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® through their partnership with POPSUGAR. While I was compensated to write a post about I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter® Deliciously Simple™, all opinions are my own.