I’m so excited to announce the recipe I chose as part of the Foods From Chile project I’m working on with Kitchen PLAY! The ingredients Foods From Chile supplied – fig chutney, mussels, smoked trout and even fresh citrus – made it easy for some great recipes to be submitted but difficult to choose from. Ultimately, I decided to go with something very quick and easy but that packs a huge flavor punch. The winning recipe is:
Angel Hair Nests with Lemon and Smoked Trout from Donna at Cookistry!
Congrats, Donna, you’ve won a gift bag from Foods From Chile!
If you didn’t win, no worries, just pop in to the #CookChilean Twitter Party on 8/6 at 7pm EST, where they’re giving away more great prizes to participants (and you can follow @FoodsfromChile on Twitter, too)! You can register in advance here: #CookChilean Twitter Party! It will be a great party, too, with a lot of facts about Foods From Chile. I’ve learned so much since joining this project (for example, did you know that Chile’s growth season runs counter to the U.S. season, so Chile can supply fresh summer foods during the U.S. winter?).
In the meantime, you can try this fast and easy recipe using three of the ingredients from Chile, smoked trout, fresh lemons and high-quality extra virgin olive oil. The smoked trout adds a unique and delicious flavor to the dish and is a great contrast to the citrus flavor.
- 1 package Angel Hair Nests
- ¼ cup high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2-3 lemons
- 1 8 oz. package smoked trout fillets
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Cook Angel Hair Nests according to package directions. Using a slotted spoon, remove nests when cooked as desired and drain on a paper towel-lined plate for 30 seconds.
- Place three nests on each serving plate. Drizzle each nest with extra-virgin olive oil then top with two small pieces smoked trout (see photos). Grind some fresh pepper onto each nest, then grate the zest from lemons over nests. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 45mgSodium: 496mgCarbohydrates: 17gNet Carbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.