These delicious Avocado Baked Eggs are one of the easiest – and tastiest – quick breakfasts you can make!
Have you ever heard of Avocado Baked Eggs?
Split an avocado, crack in an egg and toss it in the oven. Top with whatever you like – I prefer green onions, cilantro & a little diced jalapeno with a squirt of sriracha – but it's all good! Avocado Baked Eggs are incredibly easy and so good for you. I love them because they take no time at all to put together and I can do other things during their short baking time.
Avocado Baked Eggs also make a fantastic brunch dish since you can easily feed a crowd with them. Wouldn't a little cooked & crumbled mexican chorizo in the bottom of the avocado hole (before you put in the egg) be divine?? Or any other meat or veggie you might want to throw in there. Just be sure to carve enough of the avocado out to fit everything you want to add. The point is that the variations on Avocado Baked Eggs are endless. They're fantastic with a little salsa or hot sauce drizzled over them and a squeeze of fresh lime or even drizzled with some hollandaise if you're feeling indulgent.
Avocado Baked Eggs are even delicious just by themselves, with a good sprinkling of salt and a spoon.
avocado baked eggs
- 2 avocados
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 lime
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- assorted toppings of your choice
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Split avocados in half and remove the pit. Gently scoop out some of the pulp to make the hole bigger (I do about two spoonfuls) to make more room for the egg.
- Place avocado halves on a baking sheet, using the side of the pan to help hold them up and stabilize them. Drizzle each with a little lime and season with kosher salt and a little freshly ground black pepper. Crack an egg in each hole, allowing some of the whites to run out (just make sure the yolk stays put).
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until whites are set and yolk is at desired consistency. Top with whatever you like or just enjoy as-is!