This avocado soup is simple, healthy and full of flavor.
Everyone in this house is obsessed with avocado.
This is no joke. Avocado has been a favorite of mine since I first tried one after moving to Southern CA from WI in the early 90’s. I’ll enjoy it with just a drizzle of soy sauce or hot sauce with coarse salt and pepper. And, of course, I use it in all kinds of recipes!
My daughter Katie discovered her love for them a few years ago and begs me to buy them constantly. Which I do, but it’s frustrating when they’re hard as a rock one day and overripe the next.
But recently I discovered Simply Avocado, a new line of pure, wholesome avocado dips and spreads from the makers of Wholly Guacamole, which has made it so much easier to keep avocado on hand. All I have to do is open the package for real, hand-scooped Hass avocados and just four ingredients or less.
It’s available in five tasty varieties – Sea Salt, Chunky Avocado, Garlic & Herb, Roasted Red Pepper and Jalapeno & Lime. Of course, you can also use fresh avocados, too!
With Mother’s Day approaching, I wanted to test out a few recipes I can make for my mom on her big day. She loves avocado, too, so I thought this avocado soup would be perfect for her. I needed something light yet flavorful for a starter that would also look pretty when I serve it to her.
I think this avocado soup meets all of those requirements, wouldn’t you agree?
Simply Avocado is so perfect for this avocado soup. All I have to do is open the package and pop it in my blender! No waiting for my avocados to ripen or having to make another trip to the store because the ones I purchased are past their prime. You should have seen Katie’s face light up when I told her she could open a package and enjoy it with nothing more than a spoon! It’s that good. So head over to Walmart and pick some up!
More delicious soup recipes:
- Lobster Bisque with Old Bay Oyster Crackers
- Lentil Soup Recipe with Parmesan and Smoked Sausage
- Chicken Tortilla Soup with Hatch Chiles
- Loaded Potato Soup (super simple, no need to peel or even drain your potatoes!)
- Avgolemono Soup
- 6-Ingredient Italian Sausage Stew
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 large cucumbers,, peeled and seeded
- 1 lime,, zested and juiced
- 2 packages Simply Avocado Garlic & Herb (or 3-4 avocados)
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 jalapeño,, seeded
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes,, halved
- Place all ingredients except tomatoes into a high-powered blender. Blend until very smooth. Top with tomatoes and serve immediately.