These Bacon Wrapped Pickles – also called Pickle Fries – are perfect for a party or a low-carb keto snack!
Since we started eating keto just over two months ago, I've spent a lot of time coming up with as many new recipes as possible to make our transition smooth sailing. Bacon Wrapped Pickles are already a favorite.
The first time I heard of pickles wrapped in bacon, I was a bit hesitant. I do love pickles and who doesn't love bacon? But together, I wasn't so sure.
HOW DO YOU MAKE BACON WRAPPED PICKLES?
Part of the beauty of this recipe is how incredibly fast and easy pickle fries are to make. You can make as many or as few as you like at one time, you'll just need the same amount of bacon slices as pickle spears. Pat your pickles spears dry then wrap each one in a bacon slice. Place them on a sheet pan and bake for about twenty minutes until the bacon is crispy.
If you have a rack you can place on the sheet pan to keep the bacon wrapped pickles elevated, even better, although it's not necessary. I like to broil mine at the end for a few extra minutes so the bacon is extra crispy.
One thing I was concerned with the first time I made these was whether the pickle spears would get mushy after being baked in the oven. But they hold up very well and still have that irresistible pickle crunch.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BACON WRAPPED PICKLES?
Pickle fries are delicious enjoyed on their own. But if you'd like something to go with them, try your favorite salad dressing, such as Ranch or Caeser. If your lifestyle is keto, be sure to check the ingredients to ensure your sauce is keto-friendly. We start with jalapeño pickle spears which have just enough kick that the Caesar dressing is nice to have at the ready.
WHAT MAKES BACON WRAPPED PICKLES KETO FRIENDLY?
The keto diet is one where you eat very few carbs, no sugar, high fat and moderate protein. Pickles are very low in carbs and bacon is high in fat, which makes pickle fries the perfect keto snack. They're a crowd pleaser for everyone, so you can take these to a party and not worry about anyone's dietary restrictions.
MORE KETO RECIPES YOU'LL LOVE:
- Chimichurri Chicken Bites
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- Simple Spinach Salad with Parmesan Dressing
- Buffalo Chicken Egg Salad
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms (Buffalo Chicken & Spinach)
- 12 pickle spears,, patted dry
- 12 slices bacon, (not thick cut)
- 1/4 cup Caesar or Ranch dressing, (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Wrap each pickle spear in a slice of bacon, taking care to tuck in the ends. Place on a sheet pan and bake for twenty minutes. If bacon isn't crispy to your liking, place under the broiler for a few minutes until it's perfect!
- Serve these pickle fries on their own or with a side of Caesar or ranch dressing for dipping.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 353 Saturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 1027mg Carbohydrates: 3g Sugar: 1g Protein: 8g