Crispy Asian Baked Chicken Drumsticks – an easy meal! Crispy chicken drumsticks are tossed with a killer 5-minute asian sauce – incredibly delicious.
Crispy chicken. It always seems so elusive unless you stick it in the frying pan with gobs of oil.
But it's really quite simple if you know a trick or two – the most important being heat. High heat coupled with oil. Just like frying…only not.
I adore this Crispy Asian Chicken Drumsticks recipe. It's ALWAYS what I make when chicken drumsticks are on sale – I just picked up 5 pounds for $5! That meant I could either double the recipe or make them twice – I chose to make them twice. This recipe is SO EASY and the baked chicken drumsticks are SO CRISPY fresh out of the oven that it was worth the small amount of extra time.
The sauce is on the sweet side but you can add more spice by adding more Sriracha. I add more…a lot more! But I'm a heat fiend and I know that most people like more of a balance. If serving a crowd, just keep the Sriracha bottle close by so fiends like me can easily get their hands on it.
This could easily be turned into an asian wing appetizer, too! Just sub wings for the drumsticks and leave everything else the same (you'll want to reduce baking time but that's the only change. Crispy chicken wings, crispy chicken drumsticks, you could also do baked crispy chicken thighs – whatever you like best!
Here's a step-by-step for what you're in for:
It really couldn't be easier or quicker to make this easy chicken drumsticks recipe. You can easily double or triple this recipe for a crowd, too!
Crispy Asian Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Turn this recipe into an asian wing appetizer by substituting wings for the drumsticks. Everything else remains the same, just reduce your cooking time.
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (plus more to coat chicken)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha (or to taste)
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Sesame seeds
- scallions (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place a cooling rack over a baking sheet. Arrange chicken on rack. Rub chicken drumsticks with vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for one hour or until skin is crispy and chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix sauce ingredients together (minced garlic through sriracha). Stir well and set aside.
- Remove chicken from oven and place on a serving platter. Pour sauce over chicken to coat, serving any extra sauce on the side. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.