This delicious Baked Salmon with Mayo is incredibly easy, fast, and delicious. Mix and match your favorite flavors for a new twist every time you make it!
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Everyone in our house devours this Baked Salmon with Mayo every time I make it. Which I love since it’s simple and fast. It’s one of my favorite go-to recipes when I don’t feel like cooking or just don’t have much time.
The first time I made it, I kept sneaking bites right after taking these photographs. The bottom third of that salmon filet was gone within minutes! We eat low-carb or keto most of the time, and since all of the ingredients (or easy substitutes) are keto, we make this a lot.
Making a quick flavored mayo mixture is the key to this recipe’s ease and fantastic flavor. Mix it with some chopped green onions, spread it over a salmon filet (it works with chicken, too) and toss it in the oven for 15 minutes!
If you have a few extra minutes, try making my homemade mayo recipe. It’s pretty incredible and very quick and easy to make.
Store-bought sriracha mayo – our favorite flavor – is another option. There are a few really good ones that I’ve tried. Sir Kensington’s is our favorite, but Lee Kum Kee and Kikkoman are both good, too. I prefer to make my own but I do keep a bottle on hand for an extra fast dinner.
Ingredients for Baked Salmon with Mayo
These are the ingredients if you’d like to make your own sriracha mayo. See further below for more flavor ideas and ingredients.
- fresh lemon juice
- green onions
- 1 whole salmon filet
- salt and pepper
- you can also add a lemon wedge to each plate when serving
Try these mayo flavor combinations
Start with 1/2 cup of mayo then choose your ingredients:
- 3-4 tbsp freshly chopped dill, basil, parsley, or a combination – the juice of a lemon – a minced garlic clove – 1 tbsp capers
- Spread the salmon with the mayo, then top with 1/4 cup each (or more) of parmesan cheese and panko breadcrumbs (use finely crushed pork rinds for keto)
- The juice of 1/2 a lemon and 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard – panko breadcrumbs (optional)
- We haven’t tried this version (yet), but a good friend who loves to cook told me that she mixes in a teaspoon of sesame oil, a few teaspoons of prepared wasabi paste (or more), then sprinkles it all with sesame seeds. Sounds delicious to me, especially if you serve it with some soy sauce!
- Lemon zest from a lemon or two
- Only have mayo on hand? Use it by itself – it’s still delicious!
How to make Baked Salmon with Mayo
First you’ll want to preheat the oven to 400°F. While it’s heating up, mix together your mayonnaise with whatever ingredients you’re using.
Next, grab a sheet pan that’s large enough to hold the entire salmon filet comfortably (you can also make this salmon recipe with 4 individual filets).
Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Spread the mayo mixture over the fish, coating it evenly. Pop it in the oven for approximately 15 minutes (the baking time depends largely on the thickness of your fish).
Pull it from the oven and serve it immediately. You can add more toppings (such as more chopped green onions) or, if you double the mayo sauce, you can serve some of that on the side.
Starting with frozen salmon
Forgot to pop your salmon in the fridge this morning to defrost? Story of my life. Not to worry, you can make this oven baked salmon dish using frozen salmon!
Follow the instructions as directed, but add a few minutes of baking time. Yep, it’s that easy!
Do you have a favorite flavor combination for the mayonnaise mixture we haven’t tried? Please share!
Also check out Broiled Salmon with Honey & Garlic for another fast and easy weeknight meal.
For the sriracha mayo (double the ingredients if you want more to drizzle on after)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (store-bought or homemade)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha (more to taste, if you'd like it spicier)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
For the salmon
- 1 whole salmon filet
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Whisk together the mayo, sriracha, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir in the garlic and green onion until it's thoroughly combined. Set it aside.
- Place the salmon on a sheet pan large enough for it to fit comfortably. Season it with the salt and pepper. Spread the mayo mixture completely over the top of the salmon.
- Bake it for approximately 15 minutes, or until the salmon is just cooked through.
- Drizzle with additional Sriracha mayo, if desired, and sprinkle with more chopped green onions.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 897mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 13g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.