Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing is so much more delicious than store-bought. Try this recipe and get your list of 20 ways to use it (not one is a salad)!
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing has got to be my all-time, hands-down favorite salad dressing. I’m not much of a lettuce salad eater (as evidenced by the fact that the majority of my salad recipes contain little, if any, actual lettuce) nor am I a lover of salad dressings in general.
Store-bought tend to have too much of a plastic flavor for me (although there are rare exceptions) and I’m not a fan of the Italian-type varieties. This means that I normally don’t have any salad dressing in my fridge, I almost always make it fresh.
But fresh doesn’t keep long, and as much as I love this Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing, tossing it over a mound of lettuce just isn’t going to keep me interested long enough to finish the batch. Which means I need to find some creative uses for it!
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing is fantastic over lettuce, too, don’t get me wrong here. Especially when the lettuce is super crisp and you douse it with coarse freshly ground black pepper – oh, My-lanta! I just don’t like to limit it to just that when it’s flavor goes so well with so many foods.
Roasted zucchini or eggplant with a little blue cheese dressing? Grilled chicken and a side of the buttermilk blue? Oh yeah…lots of possibilities!
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese, or more if preferred
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Chill for at least an hour before using to allow flavors to meld. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.