Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing is so much more delicious than store-bought. Try this recipe and get your list of 20 ways to use it!
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing has got to be my all-time, hands-down favorite salad dressing. I’m not much of a lettuce salad eater (as evidenced by the fact that the majority of my salad recipes contain little, if any, actual lettuce) nor am I a lover of salad dressings in general.
Store-bought tend to have too much of a plastic flavor for me (although there are rare exceptions) and I’m not a fan of the Italian-type varieties. This means that I normally don’t have any salad dressing in my fridge, I almost always make it fresh.
But fresh doesn’t keep long, and as much as I love this Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing, tossing it over a mound of lettuce just isn’t going to keep me interested long enough to finish the batch. Which means I need to find some creative uses for it!
Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing is fantastic over lettuce, too, don’t get me wrong here. Especially when the lettuce is super crisp and you douse it with coarse freshly ground black pepper – oh my! But why limit it to just salads when its flavor goes so well with so many foods?
Roasted zucchini or eggplant with a little blue cheese dressing? Grilled chicken and a side of the buttermilk blue? Oh yeah…lots of possibilities!
20 Unique Ways to use Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- Mix some into potato salad for a subtle blue cheese twist.
- Make some buffalo wings and use it for the dip.
- Top your burger with a heaping spoonful and add extra blue cheese crumbles.
- Add some to a piping hot baked potato.
- Use it as a sandwich spread in place of mayonnaise.
- Drizzle it on your pizza!
- Use it as a dip for pretzels.
- Make some juicy rib-eye steaks, then drizzle Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing over the top.
- Dollop some on chili instead of sour cream.
- Spread some on toasted garlic bread.
- Make pork chops and rice then top it all with a little blue cheese dressing.
- Mix it into coleslaw!
- Take that blue cheese coleslaw you just made and use it to top Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sliders.
- Or wrap shredded buffalo chicken and some dressing in lettuce for a healthy, low-carb lunch or dinner.
- Mix it into your mac and cheese.
- Toss it with pasta, top it with crumbled bacon and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Introduce your kids to blue cheese by using it as a dip for their chicken fingers.
- Shave brussels sprouts and toss with some Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing.
- Toss some with hot roasted cauliflower or broccoli.
- Make a cobb-style egg salad sandwich by adding bacon, avocado, and blue cheese dressing!
- 2 cups crumbled blue cheese, or more if preferred
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups mayonnaise, store-bought or homemade
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 dashes worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a medium-sized bowl. Chill for at least an hour before using to allow flavors to meld. Store in refrigerator for up to two weeks.