Candy Apple Snickers Salad has just FIVE ingredients! It's an easy, quick dessert to throw together and can be tailored to your tastes.
I just scarfed down that entire serving of Candy Apple Snickers Salad. I might have been too embarrassed to admit it except that it was sooo good; plus, it has apples in it so it could almost be called breakfast. Why do you think I called it a “salad”? That's right…so I can eat some for lunch, too :)
This Snickers Salad is so easy to make and has just five ingredients. It tastes a sort of like a candy apple but with whipped cream and chocolate thrown in. The texture from the Snickers with the crunchy apple and the smooth whipped cream is heavenly! It's much easier to make than candy apples, too, not to mention it's easier and tastier to eat. I used Truvia® Baking Blend in place of sugar to cut down even more on calories; try it out if you're looking to do that, too!
This is one of those “just throw it all together” recipes, using more or less of certain ingredients as you like. Sometimes more apple is nice so you're still being “good” while other times loading up on the chocolate and caramel seems more the way to go. Snickers Salad is easily adaptable so just go with what you like best; you're sure to hit the mark with this one.
Since we all got hit with a major storm last night – it's still snowing here! – I wanted to share this contest since I'm sure we'll all be out making snowmen and angels the next few days! Fans of the Truvia® brand can post a snowman-inspired photo via a tab on the Truvia® Facebook page or by using #SweetWarmUp on Twitter or Instagram for the chance to win a Snowman Building prize pack, a Sledding prize pack or a Cozy Up prize pack! I'll be following along and can't wait to see your snowmen!
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 4 Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Truvia Baking Blend, or 1/4 cup sugar
- salted caramel sauce, for drizzling (homemade or store-bought)
- Whip cream and Truvia (or sugar) just until stiff peaks form. Layer whipped cream, apples and snickers in a serving dish (or use individual dishes as shown). Save a few Snickers for garnish. Drizzle with salted caramel sauce and serve.