The dog days of summer call for Cheesy Bacon Beef Hot Dogs. Make a quick cheese sauce, crisp some bacon and get those dogs on the grill!
It’s Hot Dog Week hump day! Welcome to the third hot dog recipe and one that everyone will surely love. There’s melty, gooey cheese, crisp bacon, a beef hot dog and a buttery toasted bun. All delicious things by themselves and even better when put together!
I specify beef hot dogs in this recipe because I figured we’re already having cheese and bacon, therefore the assumption is that we’re meat eaters here – no tofu or even turkey dogs allowed :) If you have vegetarian or vegan guests coming, I’d recommend this chopped thai salad as it’s very popular and will likely be a hit. I do have more vegetarian recipes but that’s definitely my personal favorite! This Cheesy Bacon Beef Hot Dog is what I’d choose, though…it’s indulgently delicious.
Having made quite a few hot dogs these past few weeks, I’m now planning on having a hot dog dinner party. I’m thinking upscale drinks and desserts but “gourmet” hot dogs for all! A hot dog bar with all the fixins and a casual vibe that I love when I host get-togethers. Maybe some sweet tea sangria since we’re still battling the heat of summer here in VA. I’d even consider tofu dogs alongside my beef hot dogs :)
These Cheesy Bacon Beef Hot Dogs are, as you can imagine, very simple to make. The cheese “sauce” is really just a sharp cheddar melted with enough milk to make it spoonable. It’s what I used on these Cheesy Mexican Gourmet Hot Dogs (I’d use a fondue pot if making for a crowd). Yesterday I also shared these Buffalo Blue Cheese Frankfurters and I have two more hot dog recipes coming this week, so stay tuned!
These hots dogs are delicious with this macaroni salad side dish.
Cheesy Bacon Beef Hot Dogs
- 2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup milk, more or less, depending on desired consistency
- 8 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, butter them first if you like
- Place grated cheese in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir in milk. Continue stirring, adding more milk as necessary, until cheese sauce is melted completely and you've reached desired consistency. (NOTE: sauce will thicken and harden as it cools).
- Grill hot dogs and buns until dogs are nicely charred on the outside and buns are golden brown (butter the buns first if preferred). Place on buns and top with crumbled bacon.
- 15 Minute New England Clam Chowder - March 27, 2023
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers with Old Bay - March 27, 2023
- Easy Avocado Egg Bake - March 22, 2023
Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs Stuffed with Pickles & Peppers
Friday 29th of July 2016
[…] and you could have a tray of regular, stuffed, etc. for a fun barbecue. You can also check out my Cheesy Bacon Beef Hot Dogs, Buffalo Blue Cheese Frankfurters or Cheesy Mexican Gourmet Hot Dogs, […]