I’m a big fan of bread pudding. We always seem to have leftover bread and this is a great way to prevent it from going to waste. I also just love the texture, flavor and how simple it is to throw together. And you can throw in any fruit you want to use up or just use whatever else you have on hand. For me, I almost always go for raspberry and chocolate.
This Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding is SO simple to make but tasty enough that everyone will love it! It’s going to be my dessert for our Christmas dinner this year. It’s make-ahead and I’ll usually put it in the oven as everyone is sitting down to dinner. It takes about 45 minutes to bake and this is the perfect amount of time to get through dinner and allow everyone to sit a few minutes before the dessert course. It can sit out for awhile if you need a bit more time, too – and it’s delicious at room temperature, so don’t stress it.
Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding
This bread pudding recipe is simple enough for every day yet delicious enough for special occasions.
- 8 pieces artisan french bread, cubed (preferably stale), you can dry it out in a 200F degree oven for about 10 minutes or so if it's too fresh
- 1/2 cup O Organics® Raspberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup O Organics® 51% Cocoa Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add cream, vanilla extract and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Place half the bread cubes in the dish. "Melt" raspberry jam in microwave just until pourable (it's okay if it's not completely melted); pour over bread cubes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then top with remaining bread cubes, taking care to cover to the edges.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, pressing down to ensure it's all submerged. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bread pudding in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the top of pudding is lightly browned.
- Scoop into bowls and serve. Alternatively, use round cutters to remove individual servings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g
Try these delicious bread recipes next!
- Coconut Banana Bread
- Crescent Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Bread
- Pumpkin Bread
- Monkey Bread
- 15 Minute New England Clam Chowder - March 27, 2023
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers with Old Bay - March 27, 2023
- Easy Avocado Egg Bake - March 22, 2023
Monday 18th of December 2017
This looks perfect for holiday!