THANK YOU TO SAFEWAY FOR SPONSORING THIS POST. AND THANKS TO MY READERS FOR HELPING ME TO SUPPORT THE BRANDS THAT I LOVE!
The holidays are here, so today I’m sharing one of my easy dessert recipes to help save a little time for holiday shopping (or even just a few extra minutes to relax).
I’m a big fan of bread pudding. We always seem to have leftover bread and this is a great way to prevent it from going to waste. I also just love the texture, flavor and how simple it is to throw together. And you can throw in any fruit you want to use up or just use whatever else you have on hand. For me, I almost always go for raspberry and chocolate.
So when I was in the mood for bread pudding and found some O Organics® 51% Cocoa Semisweet Chocolate Chips, O Organics® Raspberry Preserves and O Organics® Maple Syrup from Safeway in my pantry, it was only a few minutes later that I had it setting up in my fridge, waiting for the oven.
I love shopping at my local Safeway. Their O Organics® line in particular is my favorite! I never used to buy organic products, but the O Organics line is so affordable and there are so many to choose from. Safeway believes that great-tasting organic food should be affordable for everyone, and I love supporting them in their efforts. Especially when I’m making special dishes for Christmas, I want to use the best ingredients I can find – while still trying to keep to our Christmas budget. I appreciate that I can pick up high-quality, organic ingredients without having to drive to several stores to get everything I need.
This Chocolate Raspberry Bread Pudding is SO simple to make but tasty enough that everyone will love it! It’s going to be my dessert for our Christmas dinner this year. It’s make-ahead and I’ll usually put it in the oven as everyone is sitting down to dinner. It takes about 45 minutes to bake and this is the perfect amount of time to get through dinner and allow everyone to sit a few minutes before the dessert course. It can sit out for awhile if you need a bit more time, too – and it’s delicious at room temperature, so don’t stress it.
O Organics products are available in my area exclusively at Safeway. If you don’t live near a Safeway, you can still purchase these products at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United and Carrs/Safeway.
- 8 pieces artisan french bread, cubed (preferably stale), you can dry it out in a 200F degree oven for about 10 minutes or so if it's too fresh
- 1/2 cup O Organics® Raspberry Preserves
- 1/2 cup O Organics® 51% Cocoa Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Beat eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add cream, vanilla extract and salt, mix thoroughly.
- Grease an 8x8 baking dish. Place half the bread cubes in the dish. "Melt" raspberry jam in microwave just until pourable (it's okay if it's not completely melted); pour over bread cubes. Sprinkle with chocolate chips, then top with remaining bread cubes, taking care to cover to the edges.
- Pour egg mixture over bread, pressing down to ensure it's all submerged. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bread pudding in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and the top of pudding is lightly browned.
- Scoop into bowls and serve. Alternatively, use round cutters to remove individual servings.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 322 Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 74mg Sodium: 156mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 36g Protein: 4g