This Potato Tacos recipe post was sponsored by Avocados From Mexico in partnership with the Mom It Forward Influencer Network. However, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I’ve got one of my favorite recipes ever to share with you today! I’m getting ready for another Big Game this weekend and since friends are coming over, I will make a bit batch of these Chorizo and Potato Tacos!
It’s such a simple recipe but it packs in a ton of flavor, especially since I add my favorite TABASCO® Sauce. I’ve been a HUGE fan of TABASCO® Sauce for a very long time but even more so since I visited the McIlhenny family last year in Avery Island, LA. They’re good people with a fierce pride for their product. And rightfully so (their “pepper mash” – which I’ve personally tasted straight from the source – is aged in white oak barrels for up to three years). I also love that TABASCO® Sauce is made with 3 simple ingredients: tabasco peppers, a small amount of salt and high-quality vinegar. That’s IT. Could be why it tastes so delicious!
And what goes better with TABASCO® Sauce than perfectly ripe avocados? Avocados from Mexico are so versatile; we enjoy them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I’ll even have one as a snack with some salt, pepper and TABASCO® Sauce.
These tacos are perfect for the Big Game as they’re handheld and everybody loves ’em. You can even scramble some eggs with the filling and have them for breakfast!
You can either serve the Avocados from Mexico as-is right on these tacos, or mash one with some sour cream, salt and the juice from about half a lime. Then just drizzle it on! I also add a few fresh jalapeños because I really like it spicy.
Keep in mind that you want to purchase Mexican chorizo, not Spanish. If you haven’t tried Mexican chorizo before, please do so TODAY! It’s filled with so much flavor and is very rich but it’s so worth it.
I’m also part of an exciting giveaway where you can enter to win ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS!! It’s easy to enter, just follow the instructions below. I’ve also included links to my “teammates” who are also hosting their own contest. Be sure to check out their delicious recipes, too, and enter their giveaways (note that you can enter all of them which will increase your odds of winning but you can only win once).
- Crispy Baked Avocado Fries with Spicy Dipping Sauce
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos
- Spicy Chicken Salad Avocado Bowls
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- 1 russet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 links mexican chorizo, about 1 cup
- 1 tsp TABASCO® Sauce
- 4 corn tortillas, charred
- 1/2 Avocado from Mexico, sliced for topping or use in avocado crema, below
- 1 jalapeño, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 Avocado from Mexico
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and starting to brown (reduce heat if they brown too quickly). Add onion and chorizo; cook another 10 minutes or until chorizo is just starting to crisp up (scrape the bottom of pan often). Stir in TABASCO® Sauce.
- Place 1/4 of the filling onto tortillas and top with avocado or crema, jalapeños (if desired) and extra lime on the side.
For the Avocado Crema
- Mix ingredients together and set aside while you make the filling. Drizzle over the top of your tacos. Add additional TABASCO® Sauce to any extra and serve with chips!