Vitamix hummus is the creamiest hummus you’ll ever try.
Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I’ll earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
I’m going to preach one more time about the love I have for my Vitamix. I apologize for this in advance.
Vitamix hummus is yet another example of why every home should own one. I have never tasted any hummus that has not only great flavor but also has the texture of something close to whipped cream. Until I made hummus in my Vitamix.
The Vitamix won’t miraculously change the flavor of your hummus but it will have the lightest consistency and texture – and that will make all the difference.
Hummus can be pricey and, although there’s one brand that I think is pretty good, most store-bought hummus isn’t that great. It works in a pinch but once you’ve made your own, you’ll never go back.
Is homemade Vitamix hummus healthy?
Hummus has heart-healthy fats and is high in protein, plus other vitamins and minerals. It’s also a good source of fiber, and it’s naturally gluten-free. And if you serve hummus with fresh vegetables, it becomes a very healthy, filling snack.
Five reasons you should buy a Vitamix:
- It works. Go figure, a product that actually does the job it says it will and does it really, really well.
- There’s no messing with removing the blade. It stays in there permanently (unless it needs fixing, see #3). No more messing with those little rubber thingies!
- It comes with a SEVEN YEAR WARRANTY. And they’ll sharpen your blades for free, so I’m told. Not that you’ll need them sharpened as the blades themselves are actually a bit dull. The Vitamix works so well because the blades go up to 240 miles per hour! It basically obliterates whatever you toss in the pitcher.
- You can use a Vitamix to make soup. What blender can’t make soup, right? Right. But can your blender heat up the soup until it’s steaming hot? I was skeptical about this point but, I assure you, it really does the job. I now make soup several times a week simply because it takes me five minutes to throw it together and another five while the Vitamix does its thing.
- To clean it you add warm water, a couple of drops of dish soap and turn it on. Yep, that’s it. It’s that easy.
Best Selling Vitamix
Authentic hummus always lists tahini as one of the ingredients. Most grocery stores carry it now, however, it can be expensive. And unless you’re planning on making a lot of hummus, it’s easy to let it go to waste. You can easily make yours at home though!
I like to make mine just before I make a batch of hummus since I won’t have to clean my Vitamix between recipes. Food52 has a great article and recipe for making your own (but look for one from me, coming soon).
This last batch of Vitamix hummus that I made was taken to my parent’s house. My dad had tried it a few weeks prior and had requested that I make him more. Dad’s seal of approval is all I need.
More hummus recipes:
- Lemon & Roasted Garlic Hummus
- Roasted Jalapeño Hummus
- Mexican Layered Hummus Dip
- Layered Greek Hummus Dip
- Hummus – Two Flavors from One Batch
- 2 14-oz cans garbanzo beans (undrained)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Place all the ingredients except olive oil into a Vitamix or other high-powered blender or food processor. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Use your tamper to push ingredients into the blade if it’s not blending on its own. Add extra-virgin olive oil as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Serve with pita chips, fresh vegetables or as a sandwich spread.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 151Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 201mgCarbohydrates: 20gNet Carbohydrates: 15gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 7g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
No post found!
Last update on 2020-12-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API