You’re just 3 ingredients away from enjoying this smooth, rich & EASY chocolate fudge!
This easy chocolate fudge recipe has been made at our house many, many times over the years.
Years ago, my go-to chocolate fudge recipe was more old fashioned, using granulated sugar, bringing it to a boil and stirring, stirring, stirring… My arms used to practically fall off every year from so many batches of fudge! I’d give them as gifts, which everyone loved, but man it was a lot of work.
This easy chocolate fudge recipe is vastly different in terms of the work involved. The first time I tried making it using sweetened condensed milk instead of granulated sugar, I almost cried with happiness at how simple it was!
No more furious stirring until my arms ached. No more wiping down the sides of my pot in an effort to remove every last bit of sugar stuck to its side.
Just smooth, rich fudge and a whole lotta happy people.
Another easy holiday gift is Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rods with Sprinkles. Full tutorial on how to make them, plus some white with blue sparkles for the Frozen movie lovers in your life!
Tips for making easy chocolate fudge
- Use high-quality chocolate that’s either semi-sweet or dark. Milk chocolate doesn’t work in this recipe, plus it’s much too sweet.
- I like to use a bar of good chocolate that I cut into small pieces, but chocolate chips will work just fine.
- Use the right size pan. 8×8 or 9×9 is best. You can double the recipe and use a 9×13, although it’s a bit harder to remove the entire block for uniform cutting, and your fudge will be much thicker.
- Make sure it’s cooled completely before cutting into pieces. I’ve been a bit too anxious once or twice and I ended up with gooey middles and pieces that didn’t have smooth edges.
- For gift-giving, a sheet of parchment inside a tin box looks very pretty. You can also pick up some Christmas paper that works perfectly with any number of holiday treats.
So how do you make easy chocolate fudge?
For starters, you don’t even have to turn on your stove. All you have to do is mix together the chocolate chunks and sweetened condensed milk, then pop it in the microwave for a minute or so. Stir it until it’s smooth, mix in a little vanilla extract and pour it into your pan. So simple and fast!
The most time-consuming part is waiting for it to cool completely. It’s a test of willpower, for sure, but what doesn’t kill ya’ makes ya’ stronger, right?
These easy chocolate pretzels are another great choice for the holiday season. They are so addicting and simple to make a huge batch at once!
FUN FACT: Before 1886, the origin and history of fudge are unclear, but Fudge is thought to be an American invention. Most believe the first batch was a result of an accidental “fudged” batch of caramels, hence the name “fudge”.
Ingredients for making Easy Chocolate Fudge
- 12 oz high-quality chocolate, broken into very small pieces (or chocolate chips)
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Place a sheet of parchment paper in an 8x8 or 9x9 pan, pressing to "form" it as best you can.
- Place the chocolate and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl and stir it to combine. Microwave for one minute, then stir it until it's smooth. You can put it back in the microwave in 15-second intervals if necessary. Stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the fudge mixture into the pan and spread it out evenly. Allow the fudge to cool completely, then cut it into 24 pieces.
Easy chocolate fudge can be stored at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 40mg Carbohydrates: 21g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 19g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 3g
Looking for an easy appetizer for the holidays or a Sunday football game? These EASY Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings are the most popular recipe on this site. See for yourself how simple and delicious they are!
Last update on 2019-12-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API