Super easy Chocolate Pudding Parfaits with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream. Just the peanut butter whipped cream alone is eat-it-by-the-spoonful GOOD!!
What do you make when you need a last-minute dessert for a party? Or just when you’re craving something rich and indulgent? I don’t know what you make, but I make these Easy Chocolate Pudding Parfaits with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream!
These easy chocolate pudding parfaits may not be the most innovative dessert you’ll make this year but it’s likely one of the easiest AND the tastiest. I’m a die-hard chocolate and peanut butter combo lover and when a creamy texture gets thrown in the mix? HEAVEN.
The easy chocolate pudding is one I’ve made for YEARS. It’s incredibly popular, both for its ease (you can make it in about five minutes!) and it’s rich chocolate flavor. The peanut butter whipped cream is a more recent development – the past year or so – but I make it all the time. I have even been known to make it all by its lonesome and have that alone for a late-night dessert craving attack. I know…I actually did just admit that out loud on the blog!! haha :) It really is that good.
But the real magic happens with you put both the easy chocolate pudding AND the peanut butter whipped cream together. God help you if you have Oreos and honey roasted peanuts sitting around, too. But that’s the brilliance of this recipe and why you’ll want to pin it to your favorite recipe board: each component is delicious enough to stand on its own merits. Then, when you really have a hankering for something more, you can put them all together for these Easy Chocolate Pudding Parfaits with Peanut Butter Whipped Cream!
Easy Chocolate Pudding
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Truvia Baking Blend, or 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa, dutch if you have it
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Peanut Butter Whipped Cream
- 2 cups cold whipping cream
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- large pinch of salt
- 6-8 Oreos, chopped
- 1/2 cup honey roasted peanuts, chopped
For the Easy Chocolate Pudding:
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the first four ingredients. Add in a small about of milk and stir until mixture is smooth with no lumps. Stir in the rest of the milk until smooth. Microwave uncovered on high for 3 minutes; stir. Continue microwaving in small increments (30-60 seconds at a time) until thickened, stirring after each time. Stir in vanilla. Chill until ready to layer (or just grab a spoon and enjoy if making this by itself).
For the Peanut Butter Whipped Cream:
- Place all ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer. Whip until stiff peaks form. Keep cold until ready to layer (or just grab a spoon and enjoy if making this by itself).
- Place a few crushed oreos in the bottom of each individual serving dish. Layer whipped cream then a layer of chocolate pudding. Add a layer of crushed oreos and chopped peanuts, leaving a few of each for garnish. Finish with whipped cream and garnish with oreos and peanuts. Chill until ready to serve.