This easy quiche recipe has hash browns for both the crust and a crispy hash brown top. The ham, asparagus and swiss add wonderful flavor, it’s a must try!
When I was a child, my parents would load up the car every Easter and we’d head four hours north to my grandpa’s farm. It was the biggest event of the year for the grandkids; we all looked forward to it and would count the days until Easter arrived.
My grandpa spent the entire year shopping for stuffed animals and toys to hide. He dyed dozens of eggs every color of the rainbow, and there was always just one black egg. The black egg was the most sought after and the winner would get a huge stuffed animal to call their own.
The best part of the Easter egg hunt was always the hunt itself. There were so many eggs! You couldn’t go 10 feet without finding one after another after another. It was such a treat to spend days with my cousins, running free around the farm and getting into all sorts of mischief. There were chickens, goats, horses and cows. The trees were tapped for maple sap and we would gather fresh eggs each morning.
Because of all these special memories, Easter has always been a sentimental holiday for me. We do our own Easter egg hunts each year now but they’re much smaller, usually with just our girls and any other friends and neighbors who don’t have family nearby. I always make a big Easter brunch, too. This year, I really wanted to simplify our meal yet keep it special, and since Easter ham is always a must around here, I decided to use the leftovers to make an easy quiche recipe that’s also elegant and delicious.
This easy quiche recipe is very creamy from the egg yolks and the hash brown crust adds a wonderful contrast in texture. I used Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns so I could skip shredding all those potatoes (that’s what makes this such an easy quiche recipe)! I’ve been buying stuffed animals all year to get ready for our hunt and this year I’m adding one black egg to the mix. I think it would make my Grandpa smile to know that we’re keeping his tradition alive.
Happy Easter, Grandpa. I wish you were here so I could make this easy quiche recipe just for you this Easter!
More delicious breakfast recipes:
- Guacamole Breakfast Stacks
- Baked Strawberry Oatmeal
- Lemon-Ricotta Pancakes with Fresh Raspberries
- Overnight Raspberry & Cream Cheese French Toast
- Baked Egg Crepes
Easy Quiche Recipe | Hash Browns, Asparagus & SwissPrint
- 1 package Simply Potatoes shredded hash browns or make your own homemade hash browns if you prefer
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup diced ham
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- 5 stalks asparagus tough ends discarded
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In medium bowl, mix together Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Press all but 1 1/2 cups of potato mixture onto the sides and bottom of a 9-inch pie pan to form a crust. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned and remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and egg yolks in large mixing bowl until pale yellow and frothy. Add cream, milk and remaining salt; mix thoroughly.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Sprinkle diced ham over hash brown crust then top with shredded cheese. Carefully pour in egg mixture. Place asparagus spears on top, lightly pressing into egg mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until top is browned but quiche is still very slightly underdone.
- Remove quiche from oven and cover top of quiche with remaining Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns. Be sure to cover edges so they don’t burn. Place back in oven and broil for 5-7 minutes until quiche is completely cooked and hash brown top is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let set for 15-20 minutes before serving. Quiche can be served warm or at room temperature.