Fish Fillet Sandwich (Fish Taco Style) – so simple and delicious, your whole family will rave about them!
This recipe is sponsored by Gorton’s Seafood.
I wonder how many of these Gorton’s Fish Sandwich Fillets I’ve prepared in my lifetime. Too many too count, for sure.
Heck, just the number of years I’ve been making them are too many to count! :)
When my girls were smaller, it was the Gorton’s Fish Sticks that made our dinner rotation most of the time. (What is it about fish in stick form that makes them so appealing to small people?) I’d serve them the same way every time: with a side of peas or carrots and rice or potatoes. It was such a simple, quick meal that they loved. Sigh…I miss those easy dinner days.
Luckily, this recipe is just as simple and quick yet tastes a lot more grown up! And my girls love it, which shows their good food taste :) It’s so easy that I’ll often make these fish fillet sandwiches for lunch, too.
These fish fillet sandwiches are a riff on fish tacos, with crunch cabbage and a creamy chipotle sauce that is perfect with the crunchy-on-the-outside yet tender-on-the-inside Gorton’s Fish Fillets. I like a soft bun with some fresh, crunchy jalapeños. The sauce is so simple to make that it’s done before the oven timer beeps to tell me the fish fillets are finished! A little cilantro brings all the flavors together, so don’t miss that part!
I love how Gorton’s products makes a seafood dinner at home so quick and easy. I keep their Shrimp Poppers on hand for an easy dinner that we all love! I usually serve those with mashed potatoes and sugar snap peas. Isn’t it funny how we get into our dinner habits? We loved the sugar snap peas with Gorton’s shrimp the first time I made them and we never changed after that. Why mess with perfection, right? :)
For the meal you see in the photos, I used some of the same sauce for the Fish Fillet Sandwiches and made this quick corn salad as well as some cilantro-lime rice. It’s such a delicious meal, so go pick up some Gorton’s and get cooking!
- 4 Gorton's Fish Sandwich Fillets
- 4 buns
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1-2 T adobo sauce, from a can of chipotle peppers, according to taste (from a can of chipotle peppers)
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 t coarse salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Gorton's Fish Sandwich Fillets according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, mix together yogurt, sour cream, adobo sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble sandwiches: place one fish fillet on a bun. Top with sauce, cabbage and cilantro. Add slices of fresh jalapeño, if desired. Enjoy immediately.