Fish Taco Bowls have all the fixin’s of your favorite fish tacos but are much simpler to make and eat!
This post is sponsored by Gorton’s.
Have you heard of Friday night Fish Fry?
If you have, there’s a good chance you’re from Wisconsin.
Every Friday growing up, my family would always hit up one restaurant or another for Friday night Fish Fry. Even long after I moved out of the state, I knew not to bother trying to call my parents on Friday nights.
These Fish Taco Bowls with PubStyle Beer Battered Cod make a serious contender for best Friday night Fish Fry. And the best part is not only that you don’t have to leave your house, but it’s so simple to throw together that it can be any night of the week!
I start my Fish Taco Bowls with Gorton’s PubStyle Beer Battered Cod, which are delicious enough to stand on their own. I genuinely can’t tell the difference between Gorton’s PubStyle Beer Battered Cod and beer-battered cod I’d have in a restaurant. They’re the perfect ratio of fish and batter, and a hot oven gets them nice and crispy on the outside plus flaky and soft on the inside.
To make your Fish Taco Bowls, you can use whatever toppings you like, in whatever amounts sound good to you. I use about equal amounts of everything: one Gorton’s PubStyle Beer Battered Cod filet, fresh corn off the cob, shredded cabbage, cooked rice, chopped red bell pepper, chopped poblano pepper, cilantro, a little cheese, avocado and some serrano pepper.
Then I make a simple “dressing” with sour cream, some hot sauce (usually Tabasco), fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt. Toss it all together and you have a delicious Fish Taco Bowl that everyone will devour.
Wherever you’re from, I hope you’ll try these Fish Taco Bowls and make tonight a Gorton’s Fish Fry night!
- 4 Gorton's PubStyle Beer Battered Cod Filets, (2 boxes)
- 1 red bell pepper,, chopped
- 1 poblano pepper,, chopped
- 2-3 ears fresh corn, , kernels removed and cobs discarded
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese, (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro, , chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 avocado, , sliced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 serrano pepper, , sliced
- 1 cup sour cream
- Tabasco or other hot sauce, , to taste
- juice of one lime
- pinch of salt, or to taste
- Mix together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook Gorton's PubStyle Beer Battered Cod according to package directions.
- Assemble cooked cod and remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with sauce and serve.