A simple recipe for Green Beans Almondine that uses just ONE pan. Healthy, fresh and perfect for a crowd or an easy weeknight side dish. Great with bacon, too!
Green Beans Almondine is made constantly in my house. Holiday meals, weeknights, even for lunch with a few bites of rotisserie chicken mixed in.
It’s almost a perfect side dish. It might actually BE perfect. One pan, just a few ingredients, loads of flavor, great texture. It’s great for keto, too!
What is Green Beans Almondine?
Green Beans Almondine is an easy side dish made with green beans that are tossed with melted butter, toasted almonds, and fresh lemon juice.
It’s low-carb so it’s perfect for keto. It’s an easy keto dinner just for myself so I make it all the time. Starting with fresh green beans is always best, and I’ve used both regular beans as well as haricot verts (thin French green beans). I prefer the haricot verts because they tend to be easier to achieve that crisp-tender state. I don’t mind them softer but crisp-tender is what I always shoot for.
How do you make Green Beans Almondine?
This easy recipe for Green Bean Almondine is all made in one skillet! Bring a cup of water to a boil in a large skillet, add your beans and cover for 4-5 minutes, then drain them in a colander. Melt 1/4 cup of butter in the same skillet, add your almonds and saute them for a few minutes until they start to brown.
Put the green beans back in the skillet and toss them to coat them with your buttery almonds. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over, season with a good, coarse salt and serve!
How many carbs are in Green Beans Almondine?
There are approximately 8 grams net carbs in this entire recipe. Each batch is about 4 generous servings, which means that 1 serving is just 2 grams net carbs! It’s so delicious that everyone will love it and since it’s perfect for anyone following a low-carb, keto or gluten-free diet, Green Bean Almondine a side dish you can serve to a crowd and know that most everyone can enjoy.
If you like, you can also crisp some bacon first in the same skillet, remove the grease and start the recipe at that point. Top your finished Green Bean Almondine with your crumbled bacon at the end.
More easy side dish recipes you will love:
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts with Parmesan
- Easy Mushroom Risotto with Gorgonzola
- Garlic Green Beans & Portobellos with Parmesan
- Sweet Corn Cake
- Easy Green Bean Casserole with Blue Cheese
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt, or more to taste
- Bring a cup of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add the green beans and cover for 4-5 minutes, just until they're crisp-tender. Drain beans in a colander and set aside.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in the same skillet, add your almonds and saute them for a few minutes until they start to brown.
- Put the green beans back in the skillet and toss to coat them with your buttery almonds. Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over, season with a good, coarse salt and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 247Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 420mgCarbohydrates: 8gNet Carbohydrates: 2gFiber: 6gProtein: 5g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.