This Grilled Nectarine Salad with Garlic-Pepper Chicken has tons of flavor and will fill you up the right way!
THANK YOU TO SAFEWAY FOR SPONSORING THIS POST. AND THANKS TO MY READERS FOR HELPING ME TO SUPPORT THE BRANDS THAT I LOVE!
Big, meaty salads with loads of fresh fruits and vegetables are one of my favorite things to grill in the summertime. We absolutely love to throw some chicken or beef on the grill for quick easy dinners, and since we always have loads of fresh fruits and vegetables on hand when they’re in season, those get thrown on right alongside the protein.
Stone fruits are especially my favorite fruits to grill. I make an amazing grilled pound cake with grilled peaches (which, come to think of it, I don’t believe I’ve ever shared with you! COMING SOON, promise) that we serve with ice cream and drizzle it all with homemade caramel sauce. Fruits are just for dessert, however, and since they pair perfectly with chicken, we often turn it into a delicious, main-dish salad.
I picked up some O Organics® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts at my local Safeway. That’s where I buy all my O Organics® and Open Nature® products, since they’re available in the D.C. area exclusively at Safeway but in your area you can also find them at all Albertsons Companies grocery stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls,
Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Express, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Carrs/Safeway.
I love my local Safeway and pop in often for extra ingredients to cook with. I do my shopping at one local Safeway that’s convenient for my big shopping trips. There’s another location in Middleburg, VA that’s on my way to my parents house; I stop in there all the time for items to cook with, little surprises for my parents or my girls (they especially have a gorgeous floral section there that I can count on for gifts for my mom) or just some good cheese and crackers if we’re going to sit outside and enjoy the afternoon. I love the convenience of both my local Safeway stores and that there’s something special about both!
I love the O Organics® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts because they always come out tender and juicy, and because I can buy them in smaller packages (sometimes you only want two instead of four and I like having that option).
The O Organics® line, available exclusively in the D.C. area at Safeway stores, offers USDA certified organic chicken and beef, which are perfect to use as the base for simple weeknight dinners. I feel good when I feed it to my family (and it tastes amazing)!
For this easy Grilled Nectarine Salad with Garlic-Pepper Chicken, I add a simple olive oil with a balsamic glaze which is all it needs. The chicken is very flavorful and the grilled nectarines stand on their own. Pecans give a nice texture, too! And, of course, a little goat cheese never hurt anyone :) I’ve made this a few times already this summer; in fact, I just picked up more chicken from Safeway so I’ll probably make it again in the next few days! Not that I need an excuse to grill; the weather has been gorgeous here lately! Perfect for a delicious Grilled Nectarine Salad with Garlic-Pepper Chicken :)
- 1 lb O Organics® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5-6 cups mixed greens
- 2 nectarines, halved
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6-8 strawberries, halved
- Drizzle with additional extra-virgin olive oil and a balsamic glaze (you can find this at Safeway in a bottle, it's SO good!), just enough to lightly coat. Serve with more glaze at the table.
- In a shallow baking dish or resealable plastic bag, mix together olive oil, garlic, pepper and lemon zest and juice. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat your outdoor grill or grill pan. Grill chicken about 4-5 minutes per side, or until nicely browned and cooked through (there should be no pink remaining). Set chicken aside to rest.
- Place nectarines, cut-side down, onto grill. Grill a few minutes until you have nice grill marks and nectarines are slightly softened.
- Place lettuce into a large bowl. Slice chicken and place on top of lettuce. Add nectarines, onion, goat cheese, pecans and strawberries. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies. The opinions and text are all mine.