Grilled Pound Cake Sandwiches with Nutella & Strawberries is a fast and easy yet delicious dessert! Perfect for indoors or outside on the grill.
Have you ever grilled pound cake?
I assure you, there are few desserts more delicious.
Add Nutella & fresh, sliced strawberries and it’s over the top!
I’ve been making these little grilled pound cake sandwiches for years with a few variations. This one is my favorite (tied with a version showcasing grilled peaches, watch for that recipe this summer as soon as peaches are in season) for both it’s flavor and ease – it takes just minutes to make! The perfect small portion and quick dessert for when a craving strikes.
Grilled pound cake sandwiches are also great to serve a crowd. You can grill the pound cake separately if you have an especially large group, then just top with a small scoop of Nutella and some sliced strawberries.
The heat of the grilled pound cake will soften the Nutella, then you can top with some vanilla ice cream. Easy and amazingly tasty!
Commercial pound cake works best for me when grilling, it seems to hold together better than homemade versions. But there’s really nothing like a good homemade pound cake so by all means, if you’ve got a great recipe, give it a shot.
After all, we’re talking grilled pound cake here – even if it falls apart it will still be grilled pound cake. With Nutella. And strawberries. And there’s just nothing wrong with that at all.
Have you grilled pound cake or made another dessert on the grill? Tell me about it in the comments!
- 1 pound cake (sliced (store-bought brand Sara Lee is best; see note))
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 6-8 strawberries (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons butter (for grilling the bread)
- Preheat grill, grill pan or skillet.
- Prepare “sandwiches” like you would a grilled cheese: butter one side of each cake slice, spread Nutella over the non-buttered side and top with strawberries. Put two non-buttered sides together.
- Place sandwiches on grill. Grill until golden brown then flip to the other side. Sandwiches are done when both sides are browned and filling is warm.
- Serve immediately either alone or with ice cream.
I’ve found that the store-bought Sara Lee brand works best in this recipe because it’s firm texture stands up well on the grill. Homemade or other brands will work but they tend to be more crumbly and will need more tender care to stay together.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 69mgCarbohydrates: 14gNet Carbohydrates: 12gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g