Cheesy, gooey and so tasty – but with loads of crunchy, sweet , fresh summer corn! This Hot Mexican Corn Dip is THE summer dip!
This Hot Mexican Corn Dip recipe is your new favorite dip.
Wait…it’s MY new favorite dip. But it’ll be yours, too. Trust me on this one…it’s so tasty and uses fresh summer corn with that creamy gooeyness (is that a word?) that makes a dip a dip.
I made this Hot Mexican Corn Dip for a little family get-together for my daughter’s 9th birthday. I’d been testing a few versions (sweet summer corn has to be used somehow, especially when you’re like me and have it coming out your ears) and I found that this ratio of creamy dip to crunchy veggies tastes best. I’m a dip fanatic – that’s always what I’ll go for at a party – forget the veggie tray, this is not the time to watch what I eat. Which is one of the reasons I love this Mexican Corn Dip so very much; it’s loads of crunchy, sweet summer corn, tomatoes and other goodies with the creaminess you want in a dip. Plus, well…cheese. EVERYONE loves cheese. And if you don’t, I’m not sure we can be friends. That’s pretty high on my list of what I like in a person :-)
I also add some flame-roasted diced chiles to my Mexican Corn Dip; they add a nice flavor without too much spice. Personally, I’ll add double the chiles and a few tablespoons adobo sauce from a can of chipotle peppers when I know the people I’m serving this to enjoy spice, too. My parents have actually made it when they want a light dinner but not too much; even though it’s Mexican Corn Dip, the corn plays the starring role so it’s not too heavy or rich. Tailor the recipe to your liking, either way I know you’ll love it!
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ears fresh summer corn, kernels removed and cobs discarded
- 1 15 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup diced fire-roasted hatch chiles, or a can of diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream, chipotle chile powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl until well-combined. Add fresh corn, tomatoes and chiles; mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish (8x8 works well) and bake for 15 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and bake approximately another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling hot. Remove from oven, top with fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crostini (or both)! Enjoy :-)