Cheesy, gooey and so tasty – but with loads of crunchy, sweet, fresh summer corn! This Hot Mexican Corn Dip is THE go-to party dip!
I’d been testing a few versions of this dip until I found the best ratio of creamy dip to crunchy veggies. I’m a dip fanatic – that’s always what I’ll go for at a party – forget the veggie tray, this is not the time to watch what I eat. Which is one of the reasons I love this Mexican Corn Dip so very much.
Why You’ll Love Mexican Corn Dip
This easy Mexican Corn Dip recipe is your new favorite dip. Wait…it’s MY new favorite dip. Trust me on this one!
- Loaded with Flavor: This dip is loads of crunchy, sweet corn, tomatoes, and other goodies with the creaminess you want in a dip. Plus, well…cheese. EVERYONE loves cheese.
- Balanced: The corn plays the starring role so it’s not too heavy or rich.
- Make Ahead: Prepare this dish ahead and just bake prior serving.
Mexican Corn Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese & sour cream: Forms the creamy base of the dip.
- Chipotle chili powder: The chili adds a mildly spicy, sweet & smoky flavor.
- Garlic powder: The powder adds a milder and rounder flavor than fresh garlic.
- Kosher salt & Freshly ground black pepper: To enhance and add flavor.
- Sweet corn: Fresh summer corn is the best if you have it. Canned or frozen can be used but you’ll sacrifice a little bit of flavor.
- Fire-roasted diced tomatoes: Use Rotel, Hunt’s, or your favorite brand.
- Fire-roasted hatch chiles: Use a can of fire-roasted diced hatch green chiles, or regular diced green chiles will work too.
- Mexican-blend cheese: I love the gooey combination of Cheddar, Monterey Jack, Queso Blanco, and Asadero cheeses with this dip (Mexican blends can slightly vary).
- Cilantro: For color and taste.
(Scroll down to the bottom for the printable recipe card with exact measurements and recipe instructions.)
How To Make Mexican Corn Dip
This Corn Dip Recipe is so easy to make:
- Just mix all the ingredients except the cheese in a bowl.
- Stir until well-combined.
- Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling hot and serve.
Make this recipe exactly as is or tailor the recipe to your liking, either way I know you’ll love it!
- Adobo: I also like to add a few tablespoons of spicy adobo sauce to the cream cheese mixture depending on who will be enjoying it.
- Jalapeños: This recipe is on the mild side and some diced, roasted jalapeños would also be fantastic.
- Flame-roasted diced chiles: I like to add flame-roasted diced chiles to my Mexican Corn Dip; they add a nice flavor without too much spice.
- Meat: Bacon, chorizo, chicken, or beef would make nice additions if you prefer your dips on the meaty side.
- Cheese: Choose your favorite shredded cheese such as Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Cheddar, Colby, Mozzarella or a blend.
Mexican corn dip is a fantastic make-ahead dip. The corn dip can be stored in plastic wrap in the refrigerator for up to two days before baking in the oven and serving.
What To Serve With Mexican Corn Dip
Use these dippers or just grab a spoon for a light dinner or snack.
- Corn or flour tortilla chips
- Corn chips
- Pita chips
- Crusty bread, crostini or toasted baguette rounds
- Raw veggies that are good for scooping like bell pepper triangles, endive leaves, or bok choy
- 1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- a few turns of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups sweet corn (fresh, canned frozen) or 4 ears fresh summer corn, kernels removed and cobs discarded
- 1 15 ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 cup diced fire-roasted hatch chiles, or a can of diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese or your favorite shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix together softened cream cheese, sour cream, chipotle chile powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl until well-combined. Add fresh corn, tomatoes and chiles; mix well.
- Pour into a greased baking dish (8x8 works well) and bake for 15 minutes. Top with shredded cheese and bake approximately another 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbling hot. Remove from oven, top with fresh chopped cilantro and serve immediately.
- Serve with tortilla chips, corn chips or crostini (or both)! Enjoy :-)
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 9g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
If you like this dip you’ll love these dip recipes!