You haven't had Instant Pot pasta until you've had it with a flavorful chipotle tomato sauce and sausage!
This post is sponsored by Al Fresco.
This Instant Pot Pasta is, hands down, my favorite new easy weeknight meal.
Hear me out.
First of all, you know I love my Instant Pot.
(So much so, in fact, that I published an Instant Pot cookbook two months ago. And I just happened to have turned in the manuscript for my second Instant Pot cookbook today! I can't tell you how amazing it feels to have it completed. Lots of editing and other work to still be done, but the biggest hurdle has been jumped over.)
My Instant Pot makes such quick work of our meals – and this Instant Pot Pasta takes just SIX MINUTES under pressure!
Secondly, this sauce. It is so incredibly simple yet so flavorful! I add chipotle and cumin to crushed tomatoes, garlic and onion, which gives it just enough of a twist to make you feel like you're shaking up your dinner routine.
Third, I use Al Fresco Italian Chicken Sausage. It's packed with so much flavor! Plus it's already cooked so the six minutes in the Instant Pot is perfect. It would be wonderful in ALL of your recipes, regardless of the method used to prepare it. I always keep some on hand. It makes me happy when I'm starving at lunch or dinnertime and I realize I have already cooked sausage that I can just toss in a hot skillet, on the grill – or make this Instant Pot pasta, of course.
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion,, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves,, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 package Al Fresco Italian Sausage (or your favorite)
- 2 chipotle peppers,, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Press “Saute” to preheat your Instant Pot. When the word “hot” appears on the display, add the olive oil. When oil is shimmering, add the onion and cook until the onions are soft, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and cumin and cook for 1 more minute. Turn off the IP.
- Add the chicken broth and stir to scrape up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Add the pasta and sausage, then pour the tomato puree over the sausage (do not stir). Top with the chipotle chiles. (Be sure the pasta is submerged.)
- Close and lock the lid of the Instant Pot. Press “Manual” and immediately adjust the timer to 6 minutes. Check that the cooking pressure is on “high” and that the release valve is set to “Sealing”.
- 4. When the time is up, open the pot using “Quick Pressure Release”. Top with parmesan and serve.