These easy cheesy toasts made with a quick jalapeño relish are the perfect spicy, creamy appetizer for the Big Game or just to treat yourself!
This post is sponsored by Mezzetta.
I can’t believe the Big Game is already this Sunday! Most of the country (including here in VA) is in the midst of a deep freeze. Luckily it should warm up a bit by the time it rolls around.
I’m bringing a batch of these Jalapeño Relish Cheesy Toasts with me to our friends Shelly and Jake’s house. I made a big batch of them a few days ago and everyone in our house devoured them, even the kids!
Both Rob and my friend Shelly are eating keto these days, so I wanted to bring something that everyone can enjoy. The great thing about these Jalapeño Relish Cheesy Toasts is that you can skip the bread as the jalapeño cream cheese mixture makes a delicious addition to a veggie tray!
How do you make jalapeño relish?
It’s incredibly simple, especially when you start with some Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers. I love fresh jalapeños but I don’t love slicing and de-seeding them. Mezzetta products are maintained with the highest standard of quality and only use fresh, simple ingredients. That’s always important but especially so when you’re using just a handful of ingredients in your recipe.
To make the relish, simply boil some sugar and cider vinegar until you have a sweet, slightly acidic syrup. Mix them with your chopped Mezzetta jalapeños and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready for them.
I like to sprinkle my Jalapeño Relish Cheesy Toasts with some finely shredded parmesan and pop them under the broiler just before serving. Make them in advance and broil them in batches so you always have something hot coming out of the oven. They’re delicious at room temperature, too.
You can also use Mezzetta Imported Greek Golden Pepperoncini in this recipe. I like to use a combination of the two, or just go with the jalapeños if you prefer.
Mezzetta has more great recipes on their website! I was looking them over just the other day and they have so many that would be great for Game Day but also just an easy dinner or snack. You can also find out where to buy Mezzetta products while you’re there.
- 1 cup chopped Mezzetta Deli-Sliced Tamed Jalapeño Peppers
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 french baguette, sliced
- 1 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a saucepan, bring sugar and vinegar to a boil over medium heat. Boil gently until it's the consistency of a syrup, about five minutes or so. Stir frequently.
- Add the chopped jalapeños to the syrup, then allow it to cool. Store in the refrigerator if not using immediately.
- Mix the jalapeños into the softened cream cheese (don't add all of the syrup; just enough to make it spreadable). Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the baguette slices, then sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until they're starting to brown. Watch them closely so they don't burn!
- Place on a tray and serve immediately.
Ready for more appetizers?
- Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Bacon-Wrapped Brussels Sprouts with Maple Syrup
- Mexican Nachos (made in the oven)