So here’s what you’ve got with these asian noodles:
- A killer broth consisting of tender, browned shallots, fresh ginger, green curry paste, beef broth & lime juice. Drinkable all the way.
- Grilled red peppers and scallions. So good that I always make a little extra because I know I can’t resist stealing a few as I go.
- Thick, Japanese Udon noodles to soak up the flavor of that drinkable broth.
Although these noodle bowls aren’t quite as quick as my 5-minute Faux Pho, it’s only 20 minutes from start-to-table. Not too shabby, right? Especially for a dish with so much flavor!
Add some leftover beef and you’re seriously in Japanese food heaven. Heck, I’ll even add chicken or pork if that’s all I have. It’s all good.
More great recipes:
- Lobster Bisque with Old Bay Oyster Crackers
- 6-Ingredient Italian Sausage Stew
- Green Bay Booyah Recipe
- Oyster Stew Recipe
- Avgolemono Soup (Chicken Soup with Egg and Lemon)
Any one of these 21 Japanese Desserts would make a wonderful ending to your meal.
asian noodle bowls
You could easily add chicken or beef to this recipe for an even more hearty meal. Grilled shitake mushrooms also make a nice addition; grill and add in with the red bells and scallions.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or vegetable oil
- 2 cups thinly sliced shallots (about 4 large)
- 3-4 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 32- ounce container low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 red bell pepper (sliced into strips)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 1 package udon noodles
- Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ghee or vegetable oil and heat until shimmering. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned (turn down heat if it starts to brown too quickly). Add ginger and curry paste, cook 2 more minutes, stirring frequently. Add beef broth and lime juice; simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grill pepper strips and scallions until crisp-tender. Chop scallions into bite-sized pieces and set peppers and scallions aside.
- Prepare udon noodles according to package directions.
- Divide noodles, broth, pepper strips and scallions between four bowls and serve.