This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Eat Smart® . All opinions are 100% mine.
These easy fritters have kale, brussels sprouts and feta cheese and make for a fast, healthy meal!
I adore fritters. The good ones have a crispy exterior that hold their shape well and also have a hefty amount of vegetables in them. These Kale & Brussel Sprouts Fritters fit that bill perfectly!
The base for these easy fritters start with an Eat Smart® Sweet Kale Vegetable Salad Kit. I chop enough to make about 2 cups of chopped healthy goodness (kale, green cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, chicory are all in there)! The salad is delicious enough to stand on its own but it was fun to create something new with it, too. I picked my salad kit up at Walmart (here’s $2 off at Wal-Mart so you can pick one up, too)!
I love how easy it is to open a bag, chop, stir and fry these little babies up! The salad kits have 7 superfoods in every bag (everything listed above PLUS dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds). Makes it so simple to whip up a healthy lunch or dinner; these could even be breakfast if you top them with a fried egg!
After I fry up the fritters, I plate them and top with the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Then I drizzle on the poppyseed dressing that comes in the salad kit; it’s soooo good!
Here’s a quick video that shows just how simple it is to make these delicious fritters. And if you’re craving another delicious recipe using this salad kit? Check out my Potato Kale Skillet with Lemon Ricotta over on Walmart’s site (with two more bonus recipes posted there from other bloggers, too)!
- 1 Eat Smart® Sweet Kale Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit
- 2 T flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Chop enough greens from Eat Smart® Sweet Kale Gourmet Vegetable Salad Kit to make approximately 2 cups. Add flour, mix well. Add egg, mix well. Add breadcrumbs, mix well. Add feta cheese, mix well. Season with salt & pepper. Form into six patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Fry patties 2-3 minutes per side, or until nicely browned. Remove from skillet and place on serving plate.
- Sprinkle with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds from salad kit. Drizzle with poppyseed dressing from salad kit. Serve immediately.