These aren’t just our favorite keto chocolate chip cookies, they’re our favorite chocolate chip cookies EVER – even over traditional!
Oh, these keto chocolate chip cookies! It’s going to be difficult to express just how much we love them. But I’ll give it a shot.
Since starting keto a few months ago, I’ve experimented with more keto chocolate chip cookie recipes than I can recall. It’s the one keto sweet I really wanted to master. A good chocolate chip cookie recipe that everyone loves that I can take to a party or friend’s house for coffee and know that everyone will love them, regardless of their particular way of eating.
I’ve discovered that keto desserts, in general, have a much more crumbly texture than traditional baked goods. Depending on the recipe and what I’m baking, sometimes I like this and sometimes not. These keto chocolate chip cookies are definitely a case where it works. They almost melt in your mouth!
HOW TO MAKE KETO COOKIES?
If you’ve made chocolate cookies before, you’ll find that making low carb chocolate chip cookies is the same method. The only difference is that some of the ingredients have changed. You’ll still cream your butter and “sugar”, except it will be a keto-approved sweetener. You’ll still mix your flour in slowly, it will just be almond and coconut flours instead of all-purpose. And you’ll still drop the dough onto a sheet pan and bake your cookies as always.
WHAT MAKES THESE LOW CARB CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
The use of almond and coconut flours instead of traditional all-purpose significantly reduces the number of carbs. We also use Lily’s Chocolate Chips which are sweetened with stevia instead of sugar. That means there are only 2 net carbs per cookie! Trust me when I say that those two little carbs are worth every sinful bite. After making so many different low carb chocolate chip cookies these past few months, I feel confident with that claim.
More keto recipes you’ll love:
- Raspberry Almond Flour Pancakes
- Pickle-Brined Keto Fried Chicken
- Bacon-Wrapped Pickles (Pickle Fries)
- 13 Keto Cookies that will rock your Keto World!
- Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Swerve, (or other erythritol brand)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup Lily's chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and Swerve in a large bowl until very smooth and almost fluffy (this takes a couple of minutes). Mix in the egg and vanilla extract, mixing until incorporated, about 20-30 seconds.
- Whisk together the coconut flour, almond flour, arrowroot powder, xantham gum, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- Mix in half of your flour mixture, taking care not to over-mix. Once it's just incorporated, add the rest of your flour mixture and again mix just until it's fully incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough on a sheet pan then bake for approximately 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Baking time will largely depend on the size of your cookies.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to a week. These keto cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 129mgCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 1g