Searching for a good keto cookie dough recipe? We’ve got you covered with our Keto Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites!
Oh, the beauty of edible cookie dough. My childhood self is doing her happy dance and can hardly believe how amazing the world has become. :) Peanut butter cookie dough was and is my favorite. So you know I had to make it into keto cookie dough!
HOW TO MAKE COOKIE DOUGH?
Making peanut butter cookie dough is incredibly simple, but keto cookie dough is even easier! With regular cookie dough that uses all-purpose flour, it’s important to bake the flour for about 10 minutes in the oven to remove any harmful bacteria. This is because the flour is raw and will be consumed that way. Keto cookie dough uses almond and coconut flours, so this step isn’t necessary! You simply mix the ingredients, form into balls and enjoy. I like to cover these in chocolate as well, but even that step only takes a couple minutes and it’s very much worth it.
WHAT MAKES THIS A KETO COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE?
Regular cookie uses raw flour as well as granulated sugar. Sugars aren’t part of a keto diet so substitutions have to be made if you want a sweet keto treat once in a while. This recipe calls for Swerve (affiliate link), my first choice for a keto sweetener. There’s no funny after-taste and it swaps one-to-one for sugar. I use Swerve in everything, down to my coffee in the morning. And because this keto cookie dough is high in fat but low in carbs, it’s a great choice for the keto way of eating.
CAN YOU FREEZE PEANUT BUTTER COOKIE DOUGH?
Not only can you freeze peanut butter cookie dough, but that’s how I recommend storing it. It only takes about 20 minutes or so to thaw enough to eat and you can just take one out when you’re ready. Personally, I’d eat them all in one sitting if they weren’t frozen so this works best for me. They’re great in the refrigerator, too. I don’t suggest storing keto cookie dough at room temperature.
More delicious Keto recipes:
- Raspberry Almond Flour Pancakes
- Pickle-Brined Keto Fried Chicken
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 13 Keto Cookies that will rock your Keto World!
- 24 Amazing Fat Bombs
- Bacon-Wrapped Pickles (Pickle Fries)
For the dough:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Swerve, or other erythritol brand
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, or almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted but not hot
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the chocolate topping:
- 1/2 cup Lily's brand chocolate chips, or other chips sweetened with stevia
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp flaky sea salt, (optional)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, Swerve, and salt. Stir in peanut butter, coconut oil, and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Using a cookie scoop, divide the dough into balls (I leave mine flat on the bottom). Place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
- Just before removing the cookie dough bites from the freezer, microwave the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 30-second increments until almost melted. Stir until melted and smooth. (Mine takes about 1 minute total, then I stir vigorously until completely melted).
- Spoon the chocolate evenly over the cookie dough bites. Once they're almost set, sprinkle with sea salt.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Adapted from The Real Food Dieticians
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 230Saturated Fat: 18gSodium: 63mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 3gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g