These Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms have just five ingredients and make a wonderful meal.
TIP: Make these as an appetizer using cremini mushrooms and follow the instructions in the recipe below.
Welcome to the first official keto recipe I’m posting. These Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms are the perfect way to kick things off!
I say “official” because while I have many recipes that are keto-friendly that I’ve inadvertently posted over the years (and have since gone through and added them to their very own “keto” category), this is my first time posting one created just for this way of eating.
We’ve been on this journey for almost six weeks and it’s been amazing. I’ll be going into more details about that in an upcoming post, but for now I just had to share these simple and delicious Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms!
Reasons we love Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms:
- They’re low-carb and have a whopping 39 grams of protein! The fat amount is moderate (13 g) but more cheese can easily be added to increase that if you need to up that macro. Carbs are net 5 grams.
- Just five ingredients, all of which can be kept on hand for a quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- While I prefer to use wing sauce (most of which have zero carbs and sugar), use your favorite low-carb sauce to give these a completely different flavor!
- They are incredibly simple to make and the leftovers reheat wonderfully. I love to double the batch and have some for lunches.
To make them, simply mix together some cooked, shredded chicken with fresh spinach, shredded mozzarella and wing sauce. Season it with salt and pepper.
Bake your portobellos for about 12 minutes which will release a lot of their liquid, pour it off and stuff with the chicken mixture. Top with more cheese (if desired) and bake another 15 minutes.
So simple! I buy the large packs of shredded rotisserie chicken at Costco and use that in all sorts of recipes through the week. The wing sauce I use is the Lidl brand and I also buy the big packs of spinach at Costco.
I grate our mozzarella using a food processor and keep it in a large bag in the fridge. Then all I have to do is pick up some mushrooms when I feel like an easy, tasty dinner.
Who needs protein shakes to get in your protein when you can get it with these delish Keto Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms? Amiright?
More delicious Keto recipes:
- Raspberry Almond Flour Pancakes
- Pickle-Brined Keto Fried Chicken
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 13 Keto Cookies that will rock your Keto World!
- 24 Amazing Fat Bombs
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 portobello mushroom caps,, stems removed and gills scraped off
- 2 cups cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken, , room temperature
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Brush mushrooms with avocado oil on both sides and place on a sheet pan in one layer. Roast mushrooms for approximately 12 minutes. Remove from oven, drain off all liquid and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, mix chicken, spinach, 1/2 cup cheese and wing sauce in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Fill mushrooms evenly with filling, then top with remaining cheese (add more if desired).
- Place mushrooms back in oven and bake for about another 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and filling is heated through. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 1266mgCarbohydrates: 5gProtein: 39g