Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta has broccoli, red bells, chicken and delicious lemon pepper! Sub your favorite veggies or skip the chicken to make it vegetarian.
My love affair with lemon pepper continues! I’ve made my lemon pepper chicken wings countless times in the past few months but they’re not exactly what I’d call a healthy dinner. This Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta is the perfect compromise. It has the lemon pepper flavor and juicy chicken but I’ve added crisp vegetables and pasta, too! I also made sure that the ingredients I used were free from nonessentials such as, artificial colors, artificial flavors, and artificial preservatives. It’s just one more way that I can ensure the best for my family and it requires no extra effort on my part! I simply choseNature’s Promise® boneless, skinless chicken breast,Nature’s Promise® Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth andNature’s Promise® Whole Wheat Penne Pasta. Nature’s Promise® organic products meet all USDA certification requirements. The USDA National Organic Program is responsible for developing standards for organically produced products and making sure all products that carry the USDA Organic seal meet these standards. The USDA Organic packaging label indicates that the food or other agricultural product has been produced through these approved standards. Not to mention they’re also a great value!
I buy my Nature’s Promise® products at my local Giant Food (I actually drive past two other stores just to go there). Giant has more affordable and healthy choices so it’s worth the drive to me. I’ve also found that the store layout is easier; have you noticed that? It’s just more intuitive to me and I don’t feel like I have to constantly backtrack (you know what I’m talking about)!
You can even Load Offers for Nature’s Promise Products To Your Giant Card Here! Or, if you’re Using mobile? Click here to load offers that way. You’ll love this Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta with these delicious ingredients! It’s a very quick chicken pasta dish and you could easily grill the chicken and vegetables on a charcoal or gas grill then just toss it all together. I love the lemon pepper seasoning and the small amount of cream that’s added makes for a luscious sauce that everyone in your family will love.
Even my kids gobble up this Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta so you know it’s a winner! And you can easily make it a vegetarian dish, simply leave out the chicken and use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth. Or make the chicken and serve it on the side to give everyone the choice. Let me know in the comments what you think of this delicious Lemon Pepper Chicken Pasta. I know you and your family will love it! Cheers, all.
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Nature's Promise boneless, skinless chicken breast
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 13.25 ounce box Nature's Promise whole wheat penne pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3/4 cup Nature's Promise Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth*
- 1/4 heavy cream
- Cook penne pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season chicken breast with salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook until chicken is well-browned on both sides and cooked through; about 8-10 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside on a cutting board to rest.
- Add broccoli and bell pepper to skillet and cook until just starting to soften, about two minutes. Add chicken broth, turn heat to high and boil rapidly to reduce slightly. Add pasta, lemon pepper seasoning, cream and chicken to skillet. Cook 1-2 minutes longer, stirring frequently, until chicken and pasta are heated and sauce has slightly thickened. Serve immediately.
*I always start with a chicken broth that's low-sodium so that I can control the amount of salt (seasoning) in a dish.