- Italian Style Beef & Pork
- Korean BBQ Beef & Pork
- Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken
- Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken
- Spinach and Feta with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs
- Taco Seasoned Glazed Beef and Pork Meatballs
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14-oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 1/2 lb fresh or thawed frozen meatballs
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper,, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add the oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add rice and cook another minute or two to "toast" the rice, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth to pan and stir well. Stir in tomatoes. Add the meatballs to the pan, then bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 18-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top then cover again for about five minutes or so until the cheese has melted. You can also pop it under the broiler for a few minutes, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 697Total Fat: 49gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 26gCholesterol: 139mgSodium: 1736mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 35g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.