This Meatball and Rice Skillet Meal is a fast and filling meal for busy weeknights. Your family will love it!
This week has been exceptionally crazy. Back-to-school nights, deadlines, sick kids, an impending hurricane…you name it, we had it. So you can understand when I say that I needed a quick and easy meal that would also make everyone happy it was dinnertime. I made this easy Meatball and Rice Skillet Meal with what we had on hand. Those are the best kind of meals, aren’t they? When you don’t have to run to the store and it all comes together in under half an hour? I know you agree with me on this.
All you’ll need is uncooked white long-grain rice, half an onion, a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, some chicken broth, shredded cheese and a package of Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs. That’s it, yet it has so much flavor and is a definite kid-pleaser. I keep Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs on hand at all times, just for nights like this when I either don’t have time to cook, am too exhausted to think about cooking or both. They’re so versatile and can be used in so many dishes.
If you’re thinking this easy skillet meal can’t have much flavor with just six ingredients, you would be incorrect! The Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs themselves have such a great flavor, and they’re not “rubbery” like other store-bought meatballs I’ve tried; these are so tender. Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs are all-natural and made with real cheese and herbs, select meats and they’re flame-broiled. I’ve even used the “Steam in Pouch” microwave directions that turns out moist, flavorful meatballs in about two minutes!
I chose the Taco Seasoned Glazed Beef and Pork flavor for this skillet meal, but Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs come in six delicious flavors:
- Italian Style Beef & Pork
- Korean BBQ Beef & Pork
- Sundried Tomato & Roasted Garlic Chicken
- Italian Style with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken
- Spinach and Feta with Parmesan & Mozzarella Chicken Meatballs
- Taco Seasoned Glazed Beef and Pork Meatballs
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion,, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 package Taco Seasoned Glazed Beef and Pork Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper,, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mexican-blend cheese
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add the oil. Add onion and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add rice and cook another minute or two to "toast" the rice, stirring frequently.
- Add chicken broth to pan and stir well. Stir in tomatoes. Add the meatballs to the pan, then bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 18-20 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Turn off the heat.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top then cover again for about five minutes or so until the cheese has melted. You can also pop it under the broiler for a few minutes, if desired.