Easy and so addicting!! No Bake Butterfinger Bites Pretzel Bars are perfect for game day or just for a delicious treat.
Thank you to Butterfinger for sponsoring this post.
When I think of football food, my mind instantly goes to things like dips and wings. Which are, of course, items that are always perfect for such an occasion. I love throwing game day parties, it's one of my favorite type of get-togethers (even when my team has had an unexpected terrible season so far). It's a favorite because it's always casual and I get to make, share and enjoy some of my most-requested recipes with friends and family.
The one dish for a game day party that never comes as easy for me is DESSERT. It's game day so I don't want anything fancy and it has to be something that everyone will love. Brownies or cookies? Sure, but everyone makes those. It's more enjoyable to make something that people might not have had before AND knock their socks off at the same time!
This recipe for No Bake Butterfinger Bites Pretzel Bars comes from the folks at Butterfinger, it's not something I created myself. It took me about .0000002 seconds to agree to make and share it with you guys! I mean, just read through the ingredients and you'll know exactly why I knew they'd be a winner. Chocolate, pretzels, melted marshmallows (that's what holds them together), rice cereal squares (they add such a great crunch!) and, of course, chopped BUTTERFINGER! I am such a sucker for a salty-sweet combination, and these No Bake Butterfinger Bites Pretzel Bars have just the right amount of both.
Although the recipe has “Butterfinger Bites” in the title, you can also use Butterfinger Fun Size Bars, which is what I used. About a cup of chopped Butterfinger Fun Size Bars is perfect! I modified the recipe to reflect that change but you can certainly just pick up a bag of Butterfinger Bites for the recipe as well. And if your kids got more candy for Halloween than they could ever possibly eat (yes, even with you sneaking some, lol!), these Pretzel Bars are a great way to use it.
I'm sure you noticed that I cut my No Bake Butterfinger Bites Pretzel Bars into football shapes! Aren't they fun?? I picked up a set of football-shaped cookie cutters that has five different sizes. I used the smallest three which worked perfectly. Sometimes your guests might just want a little taste while others are ready to dive right in. Offering them a few sizes to choose from will make everyone happy.
Don't miss trying these No Bake Butterfinger Bites Pretzel Bars! They're such a treat, I know your family will love them.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups 11.5-ounce package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels, divided
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups toasted rice cereal squares
- 1 cup chopped NESTLÉ® BUTTERFINGER® Fun Size bars
- 1 cup small pretzel twists, broken into 1/2-inch pieces
- LINE 13 x 9-inch baking pan with foil leaving an overhang on two sides. Spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- HEAT marshmallows, butter and salt in large, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, for 5 to 10 minutes, until smooth. Remove from heat. Add 1 cup morsels and peanut butter; stir until melted.
- WORKING QUICKLY, stir in cereal, chopped Butterfinger and pretzels. Stir in remaining 3/4 cup morsels. Spread mixture into prepared baking pan with greased spatula, pressing down lightly. Cool for 2 hours or until set. Lift from pan; remove foil. Cut into bars with serrated knife.