This simple and healthy Salsa Chicken cooks in just 30 minutes with only one pan to clean!
THANKS SO VERY MUCH TO THE FANTASTIC FOODSAVER® FOLKS FOR SPONSORING THIS POST!
Before you do anything else, you really should watch the 30-second video above. I made it to show you just how simple and fast this Salsa Chicken recipe is! It’s one of those recipes I know I’ll make over and over just because it tastes soooo good.
Remember the Baked Tilapia in Foil recipe when we talked about how amazing my new FoodSaver® FM5000 Series Food Preservation System is? And how I’ve been preserving every kind of food I can think of (no, really)?!
This Salsa Chicken recipe is a direct result of not having to plan ahead. I know you’ve been there, too – scrambling trying to use up vegetables, herbs or meat left from another recipe. But since I’ve started storing my vegetables in FoodSaver® Fresh Containers, I can breathe for at least a few more days knowing that they’ll stay fresh up to two times longer.
The Fresh Containers are perfect for preserving the freshness of foods stored in the fridge, pantry or on the go. They are designed to use with my FoodSaver® Food Preservation System and have a unique dimple indicator on the container cover that let you know when they have achieved an air-tight seal.
When I’m using the containers to store fresh veggies, I also like to use the FoodSaver® Fresh Produce Trays. They work to separate the produce from any moisture and help to keep it fresh and crisp longer!
To show you how simple it is, I made another quick 30-second video. This is all I had to do to buy myself days (maybe even a week!) where my bell peppers didn’t just “not spoil”, they stayed as fresh as the day I bought them.
A few days later I decided I wanted to come up with a new “one pan” recipe. Chicken with salsa was already on the menu but I was short on time (weeknights, ugh!) so quick was a priority. When I saw my bell peppers tucked away safely in a FoodSaver® Fresh Container the recipe came together almost instantly.
I named it “One-Pan Salsa Chicken & Veggies” and it turned out SO yummy!! I was really happy with it after just one go (which rarely ever happens). The chicken stayed tender, the bell peppers retained just a bit of crunch and the salsa, cheese and taco seasoning made it all taste delicious.
This Salsa Chicken is a serious winner, folks.
Recipe Idea: Potatoes would be a great addition and could also be cooked on the same pan. Just be sure to cut them VERY small so that they cook in time.
If you’re wondering, I also vacuum sealed my chicken breasts for this Chicken Salsa recipe. I used these resealable bags you don’t have to cut since they’re so quick and easy. If I don’t use them within a few days, I just pop them in the freezer!
Please let me know if you try this easy recipe and if you change anything to make it your own. Be sure to tag your pics on Instagram (@thewickednoodle and @foodsaver) so we can see your delicious dishes!
One-Pan Salsa Chicken & Vegetables
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 packet taco seasoning
- 4 bell peppers sliced (ideally one green, orange, red and yellow but any will do)
- 1/2 large red onion chopped
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded mexican-blend cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- sour cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place chicken breasts on a large sheet pan. Sprinkle evenly with taco seasoning.
- Place bell peppers and onions around chicken on sheet pan. Drizzle chicken and vegetables with extra-virgin olive oil. Top chicken evenly with salsa.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is almost completely cooked through. Top chicken with shredded cheese and continue baking 3-5 minutes longer, or until cheese is melted and chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle chicken with chopped cilantro. Place one chicken breast and some veggies on each of four serving plates. Garnish with sour cream and serve immediately.