One Pot Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and a creamy Goat Cheese sauce. Just toss your ingredients into the pot with your UNCOOKED pasta and go!
Lately I have been in LOVE with the One Pot Pasta. I made one a few weeks ago and since then I’ve made three different versions. Each version has been made several times. So you can imagine how much pasta we’ve gone through around here!
The funny thing is that I don’t typically make a lot of pasta dishes. I love them, they typically don’t take much effort and they’re easily adaptable to whatever flavors we’re in the mood for. I suppose there are so many recipes I want to create all the time that pasta just gets put on the back burner, so to speak. Until the discovery of the One Pot Pasta!
Pasta is a breeze to prepare but there’s just something heavenly about throwing all the ingredients into a pot and calling it a day. Unless you’re a fan of washing dishes, the fact that there’s only one pot to clean is another huge selling point. The only downside I’ve found is that the pasta can get slightly gummy if you don’t cook it just right, but after a few times I got the process down and it works like a charm every time. And even when the pasta wasn’t perfect it was still delicious!
This One Pot Pasta is sooo simple. You’ll start by putting all of your ingredients into a large pot (except the goat cheese and cream; those get mixed in at the end in this particular recipe):
Stir it so that the pasta gets covered as much as possible with the liquid:
Cover your One Pot Pasta and cook it on the stove until most of the liquid is absorbed by the pasta and it’s cooked to your liking (about 12 minutes depending on the type of pasta you use). Then you’ll add your goat cheese and cream, stirring until it’s melted and you’ve got a delicious, creamy sauce:
Top with fresh basil and, if you’d like, a handful of capers (kalamata olives would be great, too):
Now just EAT. This takes about 15-20 minutes TOTAL from prep to table – so great, right?? I promise you’ll be as obsessed with One Pot Pasta as I am!
One Pot Pasta with Roasted Red Peppers and Goat Cheese
- 1 pound dry pasta
- 1 32- oz box low-sodium chicken broth or 4 cups
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 16- oz jar roasted red peppers drained and diced (or about 3 red bells, roasted and diced)
- 1 14.5- oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 5- oz log goat cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper don't skimp here!
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chiffonade
- 1/4 cup capers optional
- Place pasta, chicken broth, garlic, onion, roasted peppers, tomatoes, basil and crushed red pepper into a large pot. Stir well, taking care to cover the pasta as much as possible.
- Cover pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and keep at gentle boil for 10-12 minutes, stirring every 2-3 minutes, until pasta is cooked to al dente (or to your liking) and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Crumble goat cheese over pasta and add cream. Stir until cheese is melted and becomes a sauce. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Top with fresh basil (and capers, if using). Serve immediately.