This easy weeknight Pad Thai recipe is one of our most popular recipes. Add shrimp or chicken for an easy, delicious meal whenever you get that craving!
Remember the Thai Chicken Skewers with Black Rice I made a few weeks ago? There was such a great response from that easy Thai dish that I thought I'd throw another one at you. Pad Thai is one of Alan's favorite dishes, so when I saw this Pad Thai recipe show up on my weekly menu from Cozi's Dinner Decider app, I knew I had to give it a go.
Although this Pad Thai recipe comes together quickly it tastes so good that you'd never know it. I love the addition of kale here, too, in fact I've never come across a Pad Thai recipe that had kale in it before. But what a great and easy way to eat healthier and still have flavor!
I have another Pad Thai recipe that I make on occasion but this one has definitely made it into my regular rotation. I did add shrimp (add with the liquid ingredients during the last 3-5 minutes of cooking) and Sriracha, to taste, otherwise made no changes. I've kept those changes every time I've made this dish but feel free to leave them out if you prefer.
This Pad Thai recipe comes together FAST, seriously, it's a fabulous one for weeknights!
Pad Thai Noodles
- 6 ounces wide rice noodles
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 bunch kale, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ¼ cup Asian sweet chili sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Soak the dried rice noodles in warm water for 20 minutes. Drain in colander and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat until hot and add oil. Add eggs and noodles and stir-fry until eggs are lightly scrambled, about 2 minutes. Add kale, lime juice, chili sauce, soy sauce, carrots and bean sprouts and stir fry until noodles are cooked, 3-5 minutes.
- Serve in warmed bowls, sprinkled with peanuts, green onions and cilantro.
Nutritional Information Per Serving
Calories 416; Protein 16g; Total Fat 25g; Fiber 5g; Saturated Fat 3g; Carbohydrates 35g; Cholesterol 186mg; Sodium 1221mg; Weight Watchers Points 11