My husband loves cheesecake. I like cheesecake, occasionally I even love it, but most of the time I’m a chocolate girl. So when I was looking through my recipes for something to take to my cousin’s annual barbecue, I was intrigued when I found this one. Could it be possible that I could combine Alan’s love for the cheescake with my obsession with chocolate and peanut butter?
Oh my…yes. yes, yes, yes…okay, you get the picture. This was so super yummy, fairly easy to make and looked so impressive that I just had to share it with you, right here, right now.
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs 1/4 cup crushed Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate fudge topping, divided
- 6 peanut butter cups, cut into small wedges
- In a bowl, combine cracker crumbs, cookie crumbs, sugar and butter Press on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350º for 7-9 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat peanut butter on HIGH for 30 seconds or until softened. Spread carefully over crust to within 1 inch of edges.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs and beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in vanilla. Pour one cup of cream cheese batter into a bowl and set aside. Pour remaining filling over peanut butter in crust.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat 1/4 cup hot fudge topping on HIGH for 30 seconds or until thin. Fold into reserved cream cheese batter. Carefully spoon over filling and cut through filling with a knife to swirl being careful not to disturb peanut butter layer or the crust.
- Bake at 350º for 55-65 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen but do not remove sides. Cool 1 hour longer on wire rack.
- Microwave remaining hot fudge topping for 30 seconds or until warmed. Spread over cheesecake. Garnish with peanut butter cups.
- Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan and serve.