Freshly popped popcorn is covered in a sweet coating of peanut butter and maple for a special gourmet popcorn treat your family will love!
Popcorn is a snack that is near and dear to my heart. When I was a kid, my dad would come home and pop some every single night. I can still remember the smell and familiar scene of him sitting at the dining room table, finally relaxing after another long work day, enjoying his bowl of popcorn as if it were a day ago and not twenty-five years!
Today I keep that tradition going; we don’t have popcorn every night but we do pop some at least once or twice a week. Friday night is our movie night and we can’t possibly go without our popcorn. Most of the time it’s your typical popcorn with butter and salt but occasionally I like to take an extra five or ten minutes to make a gourmet popcorn that’s a special treat!
Can you believe that’s all the extra time it takes to make gourmet popcorn?! It’s so simple that you’ll wonder why you don’t do it all the time. This particular gourmet popcorn recipe also happens to be my favorite; I’m certain you’ll love it, too! The inspiration came from another childhood memory of mine: pancakes spread with peanut butter and topped with maple syrup. I used to eat them all the time and still do sometimes as an adult. It’s the perfect flavor combination for a quick batch of gourmet popcorn!
I used JOLLY TIME Pop Corn for this recipe (a bag lasts us months)! Sometimes I’ll use a bag of their microwave popcorn but any will work for your gourmet popcorn recipes.
For an extra bit of gourmet popcorn fun, I made you a video showing just how quick and simple it is to make this Peanut Butter and Maple Gourmet Popcorn. And don’t forget to print out the recipe just below it (or bookmark the page)! Happy Gourmet Popcorn-ing :)
Peanut Butter & Maple Gourmet Popcorn Recipe
When I was a kid, I used to love smearing peanut butter on my pancakes and drizzling it with maple syrup (and still do sometimes)! That was the inspiration for this DELICIOUS Peanut Butter & Maple popcorn recipe. It’s ADDICTING and just sweet enough to make you keep reaching for the bowl. Enjoy! RECIPE HERE: https://www.thewickednoodle.com/peanut-butter-maple-gourmet-popcorn/
Posted by The Wicked Noodle on Thursday, March 31, 2016
Peanut Butter & Maple Gourmet Popcorn
- 1/4 cup JOLLY TIME unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- large pinch salt, or to taste
- Preheat a sauce pan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil and heat until shimmering and very hot but not smoking. Add popcorn kernels; immediately cover pan and give a good shake to the pan. Allow kernels to pop until you hear a 2-second pause between popping. Remove from heat and place popcorn in a large bowl (remove any unpopped kernels).
- Heat honey, maple syrup and sugar in a sauce pan over medium heat (you can use the same pan, just wipe it out before using again). Stirring frequently, heat until mixture "bubbles up". Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter until very smooth. Add salt to taste.
- Pour peanut butter mixture over popcorn and stir well to combine. Allow to cool completely then serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 23gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 205mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 2gSugar: 48gProtein: 7g
This data was provided and calculated by Nutritionix.
- 15 Minute New England Clam Chowder - March 27, 2023
- Seasoned Oyster Crackers with Old Bay - March 27, 2023
- Easy Avocado Egg Bake - March 22, 2023
Saturday 6th of July 2019
This popcorn is the bomb diggity!!!!!!!! Love the sweet....salty, peanut butter flavor. Thanks for making me sooooo happy.
Monday 15th of July 2019
So glad to hear you loved it! :)
Popcorn Movies Family Fun Night! • The Wicked Noodle
Friday 13th of May 2016
[…] is a family-owned 101-year-old company and we just love them! Remember the post I did recently for Peanut Butter and Maple Gourmet Popcorn? That was JOLLY TIME, too…and it works so well for flavored popcorn. I’ll make that […]