Pecan Butter Tarts – just FIVE ingredients including the tart shells. Like little buttery pecan pies!
These little Pecan Butter Tarts are so quick and simple to make that I’ve made two batches in the past 12 hours. Of course, getting 30+ inches of snow gave me the perfect reason to spend a lot of time in my kitchen! The snow stopped last night but it’s going to take a few days to get everything cleared and back to normal.
What I love most about big storms is that we’re all forced to slow down, stay home and hunker down. I spent a lot of time cooking and baking (and these Pecan Butter Tarts were a big hit). My parents stayed with me since I have two fireplaces that could keep us all warm in the event we lost power. We were fortunate that we didn’t and that gave us a lot of time to do just about whatever we felt like.
In addition to Pecan Butter Tarts, I made a lot of other yummy food (recipes all coming shortly). I also took the opportunity to drag my girls up to their rooms and clear out one heckuva lotta clutter. I have no idea how their clean rooms seem to gradually, then suddenly, get to be so filled with what I consider “junk” and they consider “things they can’t live without”! Who’s with me? I know you know what I’m talking about :)
And so we de-cluttered. Which was a nice way to spend our storm break, especially once we were finished and could sit back and admire their super clean and de-cluttered rooms. Neither girl wanted to leave their room and wanted to just chill out and enjoy. Except when I yelled upstairs that I’d made Pecan Butter Tarts and they were hot out of the oven :)
These Pecan Butter Tarts are a little like de-cluttering in that they use only a few ingredients. They were a nice reward after our hard work! I’ve made other versions that use more ingredients (like raisins and more nuts) but I like the simplicity of fewer ingredients. They’re a lot like mini-pecan pies but with just five ingredients you can whip them up anytime. And I used the Truvia brand’s baking blend to cut down on calories so you can enjoy more with less guilt! Less clutter and calories, more simple pleasures!
- 8 small frozen tart shells, about 3 inches
- 1 cup pecans, chopped (reserve 8 for topping)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Truvia Brown Sugar Blend
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- large pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer. Add eggs and salt; mix well.
- Place tart shells on baking sheet. Divide pecans evenly and place in tart shells. Top with butter mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and topping has set (watch carefully so they don't burn). Place whole pecan on each tart 5 minutes before tarts are set, if desired. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.