These gorgeous Peppermint Cheesecake Bites are perfect on a holiday party tray and so delicious and impressive.
This Peppermint Cheesecake Bites recipe is a holiday treat I’ve been making every year for the past few seasons. This is the recipe you want if you’re looking for something fairly simple, that tastes delicious and is festive yet also looks stunning on a holiday plate!
I love serving these Peppermint Cheesecake Bites at my annual Christmas dinner, too; they’re the perfect sweet, elegant treat at the end of our meal. I usually put out mini cheesecakes, Christmas cookies, and bars as well as some quick bread and cheese. They’re also make-ahead and are easy to pick up without much fuss. I know you’ll love these little beauties as much as I do.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESECAKE BITES?
Making cheesecake bites (or mini cheesecakes) is just as easy as one whole cheesecake. The only difference is that you’ll use a mini cheesecake pan instead of the traditional springform pan. Don’t try to use a tart or mini muffin pan since you need to be able to push the mini cheesecakes up and out from the bottom.
For these Peppermint Cheesecake Bites, don’t be intimidated by the two cheesecake layers or the chocolate star toppers. You will only make one batter then divide it into two and color one pink. You could certainly omit this step if you prefer as it won’t have any effect on the final flavor, but it looks so pretty so I hope you don’t!
CAN YOU FREEZE CHEESECAKE?
You can definitely freeze cheesecake! In fact, I’ll often double a mini cheesecake recipe just so I can have some ready when a craving strikes. They’re the perfect size since I can take just one out and let it thaw on the counter for about 30-45 minutes, and I know I won’t overdo it. Whole cheesecakes can be frozen just as easily, although you may want to freeze it in individual slices to make it easier to thaw.
I want to express my condolences to everyone affected by the terrible tragedy at Sandy Hook elementary school. I hope that all the families are able to find some peace and comfort that will carry them through this holiday season and beyond. My heart and thoughts are with you.
- 12 oreos,, crushed fine
- 3 T butter,, melted
- 2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, (can use all white sugar if preferred)
- 2 eggs
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 t peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 c melted chocolate for drizzling over cheesecakes, (extra if you want to make stars and hearts for toppers)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a mini cheesecake pan.
- Combine melted butter and finely crushed oreos in a small bowl. Place a heaping teaspoon (more or less, depending on how much you like crust) in each cheesecake well. Press down with fingertips.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until well mixed. Add eggs, vanilla and peppermint extracts; beat until light and fluffy.
- Divide batter between the wells. (For two colors, fill halfway, add food coloring to remaining batter and finish filling). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Cool.
- Meanwhile, pipe chocolate stars and hearts onto parchment paper or lightly greased tinfoil. Work quickly and add sprinkles before chocolate hardens to ensure they stick well. Allow to harden. (OPTIONAL)
- Push each cheesecake out of its well from the bottom. With a thin spatula, remove each cheesecake from the bottom plate and place on parchment paper or lightly greased tinfoil. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candy. Drizzle with melted chocolate and place a chocolate heart or star on each cheesecake.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 666 Saturated Fat: 23g Cholesterol: 152mg Sodium: 430mg Carbohydrates: 65g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 52g Protein: 8g